John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:44:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wizard of OZ!  (Read 3276 times)
Worm2

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »

http://treasure.craigslist.org/tag/4927867925.html

Real poor way to advertise here. He does not even have the game title in the listing. LoL I offered 5k but he said "Aint ready to let it go for that low yet"
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 05:58:13 pm »

I recently played one and really wanted to get more time on it. I was very impressed with all the features.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:43:57 pm by Worm2 » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 08:20:37 pm »

It seems that a lot of people have turned their back on that pin. I hear it's not one that lasts long in my most people's collections.

It's  a cool pin for sure I just don't love the girly theme. Smiley
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 07:00:12 am »

It seems that a lot of people have turned their back on that pin. I hear it's not one that lasts long in my most people's collections.

It's  a cool pin for sure I just don't love the girly theme. Smiley

I have seen bad play fields where the paint is chipping off near the pop bumpers.

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:46:13 am »

when i was just starting into the hobby last year I thought this was the best pin ever. I loved it and I couldn't get enough of it. In that time I watched my friends woz get wrecked. The machine is not holding up well at all. The game has also waned on me. I don't enjoy it at all anymore. I really feel like there isn't much to do. There is just too much 'wood chopping' to get anywhere fun and too many modes are just frustrating.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »

I agree it is a Girly theme.

Would mylar coating help play field help any? That is pretty crazy to think a NEW game will loose the play field but a 20+ year old game still has a good play field. HOW! I ask you Jersey Jack! All these great features and LEDs, LCDs, but a chipping play field?

Maybe this issue will be Fixed on their new Hobbit when ever it comes out. But IMO The Hobbit is a little late and the moves are done now. They should do an original concept and not a movie themed game.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:52:54 pm by Worm2 » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 06:03:07 pm »

the hobbit is really lame. not fun at all. I think the woz issues is because of how intense the bumpers are, very intense. mylar might help a little but its insane to think a clear coated modern game sucks that bad.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: