John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:09:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Like the new FunLand Video  (Read 5729 times)
RushDude2112

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

You are very lucky to live within driving distance to such a historical arcade. I want to thank you for the tour and showing off some the Laser Disc games they had there. That was the first time i have ever seen a "Us vs Them" cab even though i know its just a converted M.A.C.H. 3 cab. Darn shame they dont have a CubeQuest or a Star Rider game, but still very awesome collection. Look forward to your Space Dungeon Video.
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:12:41 am »

I think you meant Fun Spot.

I loved John's video of FunSpot and comparison to growing up in Chicago and going to Wisconsin! Smiley

My family is actually considering a trip to that area this summer and see Fun Spot for ourselves. I really appreciate John's video of the place but was extremely concerned with ZOO KEEPER being MIA!!

John.. please tell me they have a working Zoo Keeper!!!  Cry
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:08:11 am »

I think you meant Fun Spot.

I loved John's video of FunSpot and comparison to growing up in Chicago and going to Wisconsin! Smiley

My family is actually considering a trip to that area this summer and see Fun Spot for ourselves. I really appreciate John's video of the place but was extremely concerned with ZOO KEEPER being MIA!!

John.. please tell me they have a working Zoo Keeper!!!  Cry

Glad you guys liked the vid.

Yes, they have a Zoo Keeper!
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:34:26 pm »

Whew! That's a relief!  Grin
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 08:58:14 am »

Yeah, it's there and it's usually working. The only thing about their Zoo Keeper is that it has the wrong non-original joystick on it. When you're used to the original joystick, it's kind of hard to play. Smiley
Chuckie egg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 02:08:38 pm »

I agree it was the best video of funspot I have seen
You have a natural way of presenting items John well done .
Can I just ask you next time you go to do a review of rescue by stern
I love that game
Many thanks
Alex
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »

I agree it was the best video of funspot I have seen
You have a natural way of presenting items John well done .
Can I just ask you next time you go to do a review of rescue by stern
I love that game
Many thanks
Alex

Thanks, bud! I am going to Funspot soon! I'll put that on the list. I actually LOVE that game!
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:54:49 pm »

When you go back to Funspot this time around, can we get a Laser Disc Game review please Smiley
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 10:16:41 am »

When you go back to Funspot this time around, can we get a Laser Disc Game review please Smiley

yes, I plan on doing this! I am going up to Funspot soon!
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 08:23:45 am »

Many thanks for the Dragons Lair review Smiley I have plans for a DAPHNE/MAME cab the features nothing but LD games and a few others. You having experience with MAME cabs, i could use your help or hardware. The software is cake and already have it up and running, just need your experience with the hardware end of it to put it in a cab. If you can offer me help, i would greatly appreciate it and when finished will do a review in a John's Arcade style for you
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 11:23:12 am »

Many thanks for the Dragons Lair review Smiley I have plans for a DAPHNE/MAME cab the features nothing but LD games and a few others. You having experience with MAME cabs, i could use your help or hardware. The software is cake and already have it up and running, just need your experience with the hardware end of it to put it in a cab. If you can offer me help, i would greatly appreciate it and when finished will do a review in a John's Arcade style for you

For hardware I used an old PC and a J-PAC to plug the PC into a JAMMA harness. You'll also need a 15k video solution. I used a GeForce video card with the soft15 driver so I can do the resolutions and refresh rates for a real arcade monitor. You can also use the ARCADEVGA video card.

INFO:

http://www.ultimarc.com/jpac.html

http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Soft-15khz
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 05:12:16 pm »

the fun spot videos is one of the best videos on youtube. wow what an amazing subject, and the commentary is rich. eyecandy all around.

i don't remember or know, but do they have street fighter at all? street fighter 2 and its sequels are a huge part of arcades in america. if so, which exact versions do they have? i loved that section with mortal kombat 1, 2, and 3 how epic and that's a rare sight. i would have thought i would see more Neo Geos since there are like 100+ games and a lot of juicy classics in that list.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 09:23:06 am »

the fun spot videos is one of the best videos on youtube. wow what an amazing subject, and the commentary is rich. eyecandy all around.

i don't remember or know, but do they have street fighter at all? street fighter 2 and its sequels are a huge part of arcades in america. if so, which exact versions do they have? i loved that section with mortal kombat 1, 2, and 3 how epic and that's a rare sight. i would have thought i would see more Neo Geos since there are like 100+ games and a lot of juicy classics in that list.

They might have Street Fighter on the 1st floor. The upstairs "museum" has a cut-off of around 89 or so.
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 05:25:02 pm »

They might have Street Fighter on the 1st floor. The upstairs "museum" has a cut-off of around 89 or so.

"When asked why 1987 was picked as the cut off date, Gary Vincent replied, "We set the cut off date as 1987 because that is pretty much about the time when we noticed that the videogame industry was starting to change. Instead of having fantasy-based games, puzzle-based, space shoot ’em up games or whatever, it seemed to switch over to more of what I call ‘kick-punch-shoot’ games."

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
spacel0rd

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 02:01:38 pm »

Yeah, it's there and it's usually working. The only thing about their Zoo Keeper is that it has the wrong non-original joystick on it. When you're used to the original joystick, it's kind of hard to play. Smiley

I saw Zoo Keepers ONCE in my life.  When i was about 13 (I'm 44 now) is was at a Holiday Inn we stayed at for one short weekend.  I played it allllll weekend, and never saw it again.  I loved it so much it has stuck in my mind all this time.  I'd love to play just one more time.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: