John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:34:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to this site  (Read 1974 times)
Alutard

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:41:14 pm »

My wife and I started to listen to VGO about a month ago when our favorite video game podcast stopped.  Then we started to watch John's Arcade on Youtube and we really enjoy it.  We especially love the restore videos.  We both love video games and frequently visit the local nickel arcade.  It is now her goal to get a used Bubble Bobble and fix it up.  I would like a at some point.  We're moving to VA in a few months, so it'll have to wait until we get settled in. 
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 06:54:29 pm »

Welcome to the site !! NC guy here . Dont do it  dont buy your first one I tell you . Its a trap .

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:28:30 pm »

My wife and I started to listen to VGO about a month ago when our favorite video game podcast stopped.  Then we started to watch John's Arcade on Youtube and we really enjoy it.  We especially love the restore videos.  We both love video games and frequently visit the local nickel arcade.  It is now her goal to get a used Bubble Bobble and fix it up.  I would like a at some point.  We're moving to VA in a few months, so it'll have to wait until we get settled in. 

Welcome to the site! Thanks for listening to VGO and watching the vids. Glad you are enjoying them. Smiley
Alutard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:43:29 pm »

I buy and repair broken video game consoles as a hobby, which is small potatoes to the arcade machines.  But we always thought that buying an arcade machine would cost us no less than $5000.  Watching John's videos gives us a different outlook on that.  My wife has referred people in her lab to watch John's videos of him soldering so they can learn how to solder and also to learn basic problem solving skills.  Right now we're watching the Gyruss restore videos. 
CDB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:06:36 pm »

I am a new (er) collector of arcade games. I have two machines a Tempest and Tetris.

In my Tempest Machine I have replaced all of the boards in the machine. Everything is working except the monitor. I am not technically savvy enough to fix it. I do not have the tools to do it either. The game it self plays (I have gotten to level 3 on sound alone).

I live on the south shore in Hanson MA. I was told you were the right person to connect with to possible reefer me to someone who can help.

Any direction and help would be appreciated. The Tetris works great.

Thanks...Chris

Think Snow, Skin Bumps, Play Tempest..
Have a good one,
Chris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: