John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:34:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new to arcade collecting....few quick questions...thank you  (Read 5313 times)
19sportcade85

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:42:16 pm »

hello everyone i just purchased my first arcade. i always wanted one but never had the space...until now. i was very fortunate to find a cabinet that i loved playing as a child 1989 ninja turtles. my 2 quick questions are, the original owner had told me the attract mode music has been turned off since he had a few machines running at once, and i have no idea how to turn it back on. and my second is i'm trying to get a turtles in time pcb and the only one i can find for a good price is a 2 player version. I really don't want to spend the money on a 2 player version, so is there anyway to make it a 4 player and if so how? I also have been told that the 1989 tmnt is mono and turtles in time is stereo does that make a huge difference? Thank you for your time guys it's much appreciated
moogrum

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:54:14 am »

Go get the manual off of klov. http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10052.  If its like my sunset riders there will be a button on the board to enter the setup menu. Im not sure if you can convert a 2 player to a 4 player because of the additional wire harnesses the 4 player boards require. As for stereo and mono, that will just require running some additional wires from your jamma harness and installing a speaker.
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 03:09:12 pm »

Yes, definitely start with finding and printing off a copy of the manual.

Also, Google Search and Youtube Search can help you too.

I've recently starting collecting arcades too.  I created a binder and printed all my manuals (duplex) and have it organized.  It's really nice, and you don't have to grab your computer/login/search/etc.

Have fun collecting!!!
MK
Treguard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 03:30:51 pm »

my second is i'm trying to get a turtles in time pcb and the only one i can find for a good price is a 2 player version. I really don't want to spend the money on a 2 player version, so is there anyway to make it a 4 player and if so how?

Its actually a 4-player board--both the Turtles and the Turtles in time boards are set up Similarly --right next to where your jamma connector hooks on to the board, you'll see two sets of pins labeled CN3 and CN4. Those are where your 3/4 player wiring plugs in. Should be simple if you're upgrading, just hook CN3 to CN3 on the new board; do the same for CN4.

Here are both boards for comparison, you can see the white Player 3/4 connectors on both;

Original Turtles:

And the "In Time" board:

P.S.--I dug a bit further and found Attract Mode on the original Turtles is a simple dipswitch setting--look again at the first board I posted again. Look in the upper left. See all the little switches? To turn Attract Mode on, you need to turn ON switch #8 in the middle set.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:52:09 pm by Treguard » Logged
19sportcade85

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 06:57:53 pm »

thank you very much guys for all the info and help much appreciated thank you again
PraiseChaos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 07:13:22 pm »

I created a binder and printed all my manuals (duplex) and have it organized.  It's really nice, and you don't have to grab your computer/login/search/etc.

That's a really excellent idea. I think I'll start doing the same.
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 07:10:07 pm »

I got the same game! It is also my first game. Mine came with bad side art. It was ripped off, fadded and had names carved into it. How is your side art looking?

I also, would love a Turtles in Time and Simpsons Board.

Post some PICS!
19sportcade85

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:10 pm »

hey guys thank you very much for all your help. I ended up getting a turtles in time 4 player jamma pcb and it works great on my 1989 tmnt arcade cabinet. the only thing is when i first turn everything on it gives Michelangelo a credit right away and ill have to let the foot clan beat him till he says shell shock . not sure why that happens. the cabinet is set to free play so maybe thats why. after that everything is normal. Im finishing up with the room were i have all my toys "cough cough" I mean Stuff , so ill have pics as soon as its all set. thank you again guys
19sportcade85

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 09:32:20 pm »

hey guys i finally had the time and chance to show you my tmnt arcade with both the 1989 version and turtles in time  Grin
thank you for all your help and time much appreciated
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: