John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:34:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright, here I go! - Houston, TX.  (Read 1704 times)
horde5150

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2014, 03:42:02 am »

My name is Chris. I like to piss. And when I rock the mike, I never miss the punch bowl! aw damnit!

How the hell do you start one of these? So, history I guess:

Gamer since Mom and Dad got an Atari with Space Invaders. Fast-forwarding through the TI99/4A, Intellivision, Colecovision, Sega Master System, Nintendo, Commodore 64, then Amiga: My favorite of the homestyle. PS1, 2, 3, Original Xbox, Stupid Ad-infested XBox360... 3DO is in there somewhere and still works.  Who is reading this shit anyways?

I was never in the world that Twin Galaxies lived in, because that took way-more parent-money than was available.  But I've met Walter, Billy, and Joel. Pleasant people.

I got my first PC because of TWO reasons.  Duke Nukem 3D, and The Internet.

I'm a guitarist and composer, in several bands.  My band Skeleton Dick won the Houston Press Music Awards' "Best Punk"-something award 3 years in a row. We don't give a shit. Our songs are about diarrhea, dick and fart jokes.  Also in an (also award-winning) electronic band in Houston called Asmodeus X where I play and compose music on keys and software.

According to lots, I love really bad movies.  Some of my favorites are Robocop, Total Recall, Conan the Barbarian, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Spaceballs, Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Time Bandits, Summer Rental, Zoolander, Idiocracy, Boogie Nights, to name a VERY small few.

I like some documentaries of the things I love in the entertainment world, without a need to name some, but: Religulous, The King of Kong, Chasing Ghosts, The King of Arcades, I Know That Voice, Indie Game, Video Games: The Movie, That Guy...Who Was In That Thing, E.T. And Friends, Stephen King's World of Horrors, Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy, ugh, lists...Moving on...

Family Guy, South Park, Tosh.0, Tim and Eric, Workaholics, Bob's Burgers, kerjgowneopiajtlisaehtlsier especially.

I am a person that hates working on computers, but I will do it if it means that 'stupid computer' will be able to play video games.

I have a few games at home that I've repaired:  T2: Judgement Day, Ms. Pac-Man Cocktail, A Centipede cabinet that someone ruined that I turned into a JAMMA cabinet, and my newest addition, I freshly-repaired a Tempest. I also repaired a Megatouch Gold. I'm looking for a stand for this if anyone has one they can give up.

Primarily a PC Gamer, due to the likes of Borderlands, TF2, and many others out there...

My Steam name: Horde5150

I work at a video game company called On The Level Game Studios, LLC. in Houston, TX as a QA Tester, Musician, Voice Actor, Writer, and IT-dork. Probably some psychiatric-work, too.

I like a challenge when it comes to stuff that may not be able to be fixed.

I once played Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! at a pawn shop fighting Tyson with my back turned to the screen. Yet, I QUIT playing NES's Ninja Gaiden after I lost the second-to-last boss fight.

Anything not here? Ask if thou-est needeth to-eth.
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:54:41 am »

Wow, thats an good introduction, welcome to the forum! (^^)
horde5150

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:21:48 am »

Why, thank you! Sweden? One of my favorite bands is from Lulea! Machinae Supremacy.

Nice to make your acquaintance!
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 08:17:30 am »

Sweden? No Tokyo!
Swede in Japan!!
(⌒▽⌒)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: