John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:34:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy from Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (Read 1527 times)
JoshODBrown

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:57:36 pm »

Always thought it would be cool to have an arcade at home when I was a kid.. now that I am grown up and have some disposable income, I can build one myself! Just started collecting recently and started out by purchasing a 2 player WWF WrestleFest that happened to be in a Joust Cabinet. I have decided to restore the cabinet to a Joust machine, and so far I've started stripping the paint and ordered reproduction Bezel and Marquee. Planning a full paint and stencil job on it for the spring. Hardest part seems to be finding the Joust boards, but the JRok multi Williams looks interesting if I can pull that off. collected a few other PCBs in the meantime, nothing interesting. Got myself a PGA Tour cabinet for 25 bucks that had a perfectly working monitor in it that I've added some joysticks to for my kids to play games on through Mame. I'm slowly warming my wife up to the idea that I could have a few more cabinets in the basement.... so far shes let me stick the massive PGA cabinet in the main level of the house, so that's a good start... I think!

Met lots of interesting people selling arcade related stuff in my own town through classifieds (we use Kijiji here in Canada-land)... just bought a board and some old leaf switch joysticks and buttons/switches from a guy who purchased over 150+ machines from an operator and flipped it all, and he still had a boatload of miscellaneous parts. Seem to be a lot of guys restoring stuff here, so its hard to find a decent cab worthy of a restore for a reasonable amount of money... but I check the classifieds a few times a day hoping to score that killer .

I would be interested in meeting up with other arcade enthusiasts in the area to do trade or share tips and resources.
Gameroom Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:28:32 am »

Hey hey,

Welcome to the forums. I'm new here too, and also from Canada. (Ajax, Ontario here.) Everybody seems extremely helpful here, and there's definitely a great wealth of information. You're never far off from an answer!

Welcome!

Rick

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: