John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:42:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome Craigslist Score on an Upright Dualsystem  (Read 3013 times)
Caroofikus

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:09:53 am »

So tonight I finally bit -- I bought my first game after looking for what must have been a good 5 years. I got an upright VS. Dualsystem I found on Craigslist two days ago. It came with Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt (including the VS. Pak case and topper), and Sky Kid with daughterboard and marquee. The guy threw in two extra guns and the joystick from where the gun is installed now. He also recently capped the monitors, which are nice and crisp. He even had a binder of manuals (which looks like he printed them straight from John's VS Tech page). The cabinet needs a little work, but nothing too major. The gun doesn't register hits, but that's for another thread. I'm gonna tear everything down and make it look like new over the next few months. I figure it will be a great learning experience.

Total price - $180, and that includes the $20 I paid a guy to help me move it

Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:22 am »

Sweet looking cabinet. Nice find!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 08:37:19 am »

Awesome score. Those things are beasts. I've moved one out of a basement and it was but fun.

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Get rid of those lockbars!
Caroofikus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:07:47 pm »

Beasts indeed! I thought the angle on the driveway was bad...I couldn't imagine a basement.

And lockbars are the first things off........oh how I despise lockbars.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: