John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:29:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good day.  (Read 2094 times)
2BTNs_only

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 11:26:11 am »

Obviously new to the forum. From beautiful Chicagoland. Have been an old school gamer all of my life. Once the games started using more buttons than I have fingers could not keep up. Finding this site gave me a little satisfaction that others felt the same, or at least were nostalgic also. My favorite memory of arcades is on Catalina Island California, If you've been there you'll know why. for starters you entered and the great Gauntlet pulled you in. Played for hours there.

I'm a proud owner of an original Goonies Vs unisystem, and have played it occasionally for escape. Now looking to add to the system. Mainly because the misses want's it gone. She did however provide me with an ultimatum. If I was able to turn it into a multi game system or put her favorite game on (Super Mario Bros), it could remain. Thus my joining.

So calling all who will listen, looking for all parts needed to transform this beautiful system into a SMB.

Thanks,
2BTNs_only
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:23:02 pm »

Obviously new to the forum. From beautiful Chicagoland. Have been an old school gamer all of my life. Once the games started using more buttons than I have fingers could not keep up. Finding this site gave me a little satisfaction that others felt the same, or at least were nostalgic also. My favorite memory of arcades is on Catalina Island California, If you've been there you'll know why. for starters you entered and the great Gauntlet pulled you in. Played for hours there.

I'm a proud owner of an original Goonies Vs unisystem, and have played it occasionally for escape. Now looking to add to the system. Mainly because the misses want's it gone. She did however provide me with an ultimatum. If I was able to turn it into a multi game system or put her favorite game on (Super Mario Bros), it could remain. Thus my joining.

So calling all who will listen, looking for all parts needed to transform this beautiful system into a SMB.

Thanks,
2BTNs_only

Welcome to the site, glad you joined.

That shouldn't be too hard at all to do. You just need to remove the Goonies Daughter Board from that PCB and install a set of Super Mario Bros ROMS with PPU. You'll also need to remove the CPU from the Goonies Daughter board and put it on the PCB along with a second CPU on the other side which SMB requires.

Another option is to get a Nintendo VS. switcher which will allow you to have two games in one cabinet. You can leave Goonies on the board and add Super Mario to the other side of the PCB and switch games with a button combo.

Mark sells them on his site below. It might be hard to get ahold of but it's worth trying to contact him if you're interested.

http://cambridgearcade.dyndns.org/?q=node/99

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: