John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:42:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Mech Question  (Read 1947 times)
Shooter

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2014, 12:19:19 pm »

Hey Guys,   Here's the .   I'm building a virtual mini pin.   I know I know.  It's not real pinball. I've got kids and it seemed like a fun project.  I've got a cabinet.  I've ordered moniters.  My question is about going with a fake coin mech or a real one?  I dont know if the virtual pins can even use a real mech.  I guess it comes down to wether the software will work with a real mech or not.   Anyone have any experience with this?   If not than I just order a fake coin door to fit and never use it.    I've always liked the idea of having games on coin play but if it's not possible, than it is what it is.  Thanks for any advice here.
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:22:47 pm »

I have a silly question, since its a virtual pin why does it need a coin door, coinmechs etc and all the other  'real' hardware? its not going to have real flippers, real tilt, real plunger etc why do you need a real coindoor or coinmechs?

anyway, I assume if you have a jpac, you can just wire up the coin mech to it, like any other switch. that would bring it to pinmame or whatever software to require 'coins' to play, I assume you can do it that way.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
MooKraTeem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 01:46:41 am »

well then. something new might be a good thing!

Otaku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 03:56:00 am »

It's possible just like in MAME, you just have to bind the button in the software to what the coin input for each side is. Smiley (There's probably even seperate ones for each coin slot, up to 3, although usually they serve the same exact purpose)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: