John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:07:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Craigslist Find for $250  (Read 2791 times)
mrdude

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:34 pm »

My father-in-law said that he if is going to come to the basement when it is done, he wants a pinball machine. We found this EM Williams Aztec pin from 1976 on Craigslist and got it for the low price of $250. It needs a few things that I will attempt to figure out but who knows... It does play and is a lot of fun. The noises this thing makes are a riot! They are very gratifying mechanical noises! He is currently storing it in his basement and it may never leave there! Which is totally OK since it is his machine! I'll be thrilled to have it on display in our basement though if it makes it over here.

http://imgur.com/a/Qr5it

I've played a couple of times and managed a high score in the 700k range and my father-in-law has rolled over the score counter back to 0 since they don't go past 999,990 points.  When I played it I felt like the right flipper was weaker than the left. Sometimes the lights on the back glass cut in and out and my FIL thinks there may be some sequencing issues. The machine is set to free play...but probably by it being wired as such to the start button, but it starts a 2 player game every time. If anyone has any thoughts on where to begin with repairs let me know!
Otaku

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 04:11:04 am »

Amazing find! Smiley

No tips from me, but seems like a great machine aside from those little bugs! Best of luck with it! Cheesy Smiley
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 09:24:03 am »

Wow! That thing is cool!
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:07:42 pm »

I'm not going to lie...almost considered not contacting the guy because who knows who would think this is a controversial title. And then I was like, "Meh...It's a machine that is almost 40 years old! It was a sign of the times! The Washington Redskins and Cleveland Indians are still teams..."
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 02:22:56 pm »

I'm not going to lie...almost considered not contacting the guy because who knows who would think this is a controversial title. And then I was like, "Meh...It's a machine that is almost 40 years old! It was a sign of the times! The Washington Redskins and Cleveland Indians are still teams..."

It's called Aztec. Not "Brown Guys". You're fine. Smiley
VertexGuy
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 06:38:55 pm »

can I intrest you in a gorgar pin that needs controller board cleaning and recapping.. ? 300
comes with 3 non working controller boards.. back glass needs touching up , could use a rubber kit.
DefaultGen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 10:48:44 am »

Looks like it's in nice shape. I finally found a "shopped and working" EM on Craigslist for $300 but it was listed in a post that said all games are untested, these have been in storage for years, for his "blowout" prices he can't bother to turn them on and see if they work. Since I don't know how to work on EMs yet I passed for now Sad One day I'll join the cool kid EM club.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: