John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:08:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scramble  (Read 4172 times)
hannahsdad

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:00:21 am »

I'm new to this forum and need your help.

I have got a classic arcade table with (amongst other games) the classic Scramble (the "Konami" version if I've spelt it correctly).  My problem is that I cannot get past the 5th stage (the caves?).  My "jet" will go vertical for a short while,. then go diagonal...and then crash.  There must be a way of getting through the caves to finish the game (and then start again).

Can anyone help Huh??
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 10:27:51 am »

I'm new to this forum and need your help.

I have got a classic arcade table with (amongst other games) the classic Scramble (the "Konami" version if I've spelt it correctly).  My problem is that I cannot get past the 5th stage (the caves?).  My "jet" will go vertical for a short while,. then go diagonal...and then crash.  There must be a way of getting through the caves to finish the game (and then start again).

Can anyone help Huh??

that part is VERY hard! It took me a long time to get past that part. I think I have a video up showing my game play,.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 10:35:08 pm »

for the very last parts of the game you need to by flying as far forward as you can. then when you need to move up or down you have to do a backwards diagonal. There are plenty of videos online showing how to beat scramble. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-PDf1Su6gA#t=201

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Fuzzy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 11:03:54 am »

for the very last parts of the game you need to by flying as far forward as you can. then when you need to move up or down you have to do a backwards diagonal. There are plenty of videos online showing how to beat scramble. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-PDf1Su6gA#t=201

This. Smiley

Once you master this (which is fairly straightforward), the last part of the game becomes the easiest in my opinion.

From this point onwards, the game doesn't really get any more difficult - just make sure you try to keep your fuel topped up by bombing as many fuel silos as you can!
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 08:43:04 pm »

On the fast fuel settings, there is only one fuel station you can miss during the entire stage when you are on Level 4 or above!!  Undecided

As long as the joystick is stable and centers properly... the last stage should be fairly easy as long as you use the technique the others mentioned in terms of screen positioning.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: