John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:48:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Platnium Apple IIe 1986  (Read 10446 times)
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:25:27 pm »

I picked up a Platinum Apple IIe with numeric keypad circa 1986 yesterday in Simi Valley.
Hooked it up to my Television and it works great.  Now I've got to find some classic Apple II
software to go with it.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:29:40 pm by airsoftmodels » Logged
Stevefromalbany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 12:42:20 am »

thats the nice ones i have the old one its ok but the platnium is the best used them in school played a lot of organ trail we had them all the way up to high school when i graduated in 2004 the school wouldnt spend the money for new ones for are class cuse we where in special ed school sucked!!! i want to find more mecc software the only mecc stuff i have is orgen trail and number munchers the rest is crap software well maybe not all of it is crap
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:44:02 am by Stevefromalbany » Logged
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:58:31 am »

I picked up a Platinum Apple IIe with numeric keypad circa 1986 yesterday in Simi Valley.
Hooked it up to my Television and it works great.  Now I've got to find some classic Apple II
software to go with it.

There are tons of great games for the ][e and //c my brother has a //c I used to play all the time when I was a kid.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 04:24:38 pm »

Ultima !

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
strassy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 07:22:07 am »

I always liked Mines of Titan
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:18:09 pm »

Now that I am back into the Apple IIe, I started looking for related podcasts.  I came across 1 MHz http://monsterfeet.com/1mhz/ by Carrington Vanston.  I enjoyed it, but found it too short.  I am used to long podcasts and long YouTube videos thanks to John!  So I kept looking and found Open-Apple podcast http://www.open-apple.net/ hosted by Quinn Dunki and Mike Maginnis.  Here is where it gets strange.  Turns out that Mike Maginnis and Carrington Vanston do a podcast together called No Quarter http://monsterfeet.com/noquarter/.  Its not as entertaining as Arcade Outsiders, but I like to have something to listen to between Tuesdays!  Each show is dedicated to a single arcade game, and I have only listened to the one about Phoenix.  Sorry if this post breaks etiquette by mentioning other peoples podcasts.  I just didn't realize that, like John, so much content gets generated by so few individuals.  If that makes any sense.   
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 07:58:59 am »

thats a nice clean looking platinum. do you have the CF adapter + mockingboard etc? some nice mods out for these old machines, ram, compact flash, etc.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 09:10:55 pm »

I am used to long podcasts and long YouTube videos thanks to John!

You should try Retrogaming Roundup.  Each episode is six hours, on average.  Some have been over seven.
airsoftmodels

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »

update, just sold the IIe to a fellow collector, and bought a 2nd turbografx-16.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: