John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:45:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playchoice 10 NES adapter and Powerpak  (Read 5260 times)
zds76

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:27:02 pm »

Ok I have no clue what the powerpak is. I just got a Playchoice that I have been after for about a year. 2 of my 1st games I purchased were from a woman that had 3 arcade games that were left in her house when she moved there. Goldentee 99 which was orginally an Avengers game and NBA Jam NFL Blitz. got both of them for 225 working but thats another story. She also had a playchoice 10. I asked if it was for sale and she said no her family still played it since it has several games on it. So every couple weeks I would text her and make her offers on it. Finally a year later she said she would sell it and was thinking of putting it on Craigslist. I then told her I would come get it we set a price I picked it up.

Ive been seening the NES adapter and was going to buy one even if I didnt have a Playchoice as I knew I would one day get one. Well know I have one and I was googleing the adapter and came across the "PowerPak" but where do you get one from? John, IAN or TIghe do any of you guys have any knowledge about these Powerpaks?
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:48:58 pm »

you can get the powerpak here http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=24&osCsid=f1f6063a29f30f7367a53f6d8ffea6fd

I DO NOT usually recommend the Powerpak for anything, because it is a high priced, poorly engineered and outdated product.
But in this case, it appears that it is currently the only flashcart that will work on a Playchoice 10, so your choices are really limited.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: