John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:40:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Ohio  (Read 3346 times)
AMJSKATESHOP

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2014, 04:00:50 pm »

My son and I got a vs super mario bros arcade yesterday.  This is our first arcade and i'm a complete rookie with the internals.  Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from here!  Externally the cabinet is in pretty good condition and is cleaning up very nicely.  

Question:  what size t-molding does this cabinet take and do you guys have any recommendations where to buy from?  I also found side art on ebay which looks really good, but if you guys have any other ideas or places to purchase that would be great.

thanks,
jarett

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:23:07 pm by AMJSKATESHOP » Logged
Blimpcity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 01:59:33 pm »

Hello, I'm from Ohio also. I'm not a expert either, but I have a few games and was trying to learn more. I have bought some stuff from:

http://www.hollandcomputers.com/

Its located in Ohio so the shipping is very fast. Not sure if its the best or cheapest place to buy parts.
audiobiggen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 07:45:09 pm »

Hi guy's my name Joe i am from Ohio as well.I just got my first 2 games this past weekend a dedicated millipede and a bally midway racing game called MAX RPM not a good game but a awesome cabinet got it for 30 bucks.It even works I am from Sandusky Ohio where you guys from
VertexGuy
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »

Go to Tmolding.com .
Order the true flat white donkey kong t molding
AMJSKATESHOP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:00:35 am »

I'm from Wapakoneta ohio...NW Ohio right off of I-75.

We got the t-molding...hope to get that installed today. 
Also got the cabinet cleaned up and the side art removed. 
The light went out behind the marquee, I haven't opened that up yet...hoping that's an easy fix. 
I want to paint the back and the bottom of the cabinet flat black just to make it look a little better.

The coin mechanism works fine but I have no keys to get into it.
Any ideas where I could get keys for it?

My son and I have been taking pictures of the process as well as video.  Hope to throw up a youtube video when we are done.

jvanallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 07:37:51 pm »

Im from central Ohio , thought i'd say hi, anyone who wants to chat arcade stuff, drop me a line

J. Van Allen
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »

I'm in central Ohio as well. Same as you my first machine was a vs Mario bros. mine was the dedicated grey cabinet though. Yours was probably a popeye or donkey kong at one time. I restored a machine just like yours and got the t molding on eBay. I got like 20 feet for $10.
KrisAbsinthe42

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

Hello fellow Ohio Dwellers. I am from around Columbus. I have 3 arcade cabinets, a 60-in-1 (polybius theme) , Pacman upright and Mortal Kombat . I hang out in the Shoutbox a lot if you want to chat.
jvanallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 12:13:23 am »

anyone know a good arcade tech who knows their stuff?

J. Van Allen
KrisAbsinthe42

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 10:08:00 am »

I'd be willing to help a brother out. PM me and we can get on a call or something. if you need someone to show you the ropes i would be glad to drop by some weekend.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:22:25 am »

I'm from Wapakoneta ohio...NW Ohio right off of I-75.

We got the t-molding...hope to get that installed today. 
Also got the cabinet cleaned up and the side art removed. 
The light went out behind the marquee, I haven't opened that up yet...hoping that's an easy fix. 
I want to paint the back and the bottom of the cabinet flat black just to make it look a little better.

The coin mechanism works fine but I have no keys to get into it.
Any ideas where I could get keys for it?

My son and I have been taking pictures of the process as well as video.  Hope to throw up a youtube video when we are done.

Drill the lock.

The bulbs are 100V. Topbulb sells them cheap. I have links on my DK page.
KillerDragon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:27:32 am »

I wish you luck in fixing it up. I would love to have a Nintendo cabinet my self and I so want the Nintendo Vs Red Tent.

Dragons rule!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: