John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:45:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donkey Kong Jr Restore... opinions on CPO, buttons, and stickers  (Read 2783 times)
Tarantulas

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »

My DK Jr restore project is going to require purchasing a new CPO, instruction sticker, and whatever the proper name is for the sicker below the bezel.

Opinions on a best source would be most appreciated.

Also, what are the colors of the buttons?  Best source for those as well?

Thanks again for all your help!
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 02:24:28 pm »

I've used Mike's arcade for these things before on a donkey kong and about to buy some stuff from there for my own dk jr.

http://mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?action=search&category=Game+Artwork

I have the same question about the buttons. I currently have 2 blue buttons for the 1 player/2 player and a yellow one for the jump button.  But I'm not sure if that yellow is original or not.
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 05:14:46 pm »

I also used Mike's Arcade, that was on my DK restoration.
Granted it wasn't a dkjr, but I would always use their Nintendo cabinet items because it's all real high quality stuff,
I was very happy with all of the repros.
Sadly, many of their items have been discontinued, but the artwork is still available.

The start buttons are blue, and the jump button is orange, all available from Mike's Arcade also if that helps.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 05:45:44 pm »

My DK Jr restore project is going to require purchasing a new CPO, instruction sticker, and whatever the proper name is for the sicker below the bezel.

Instruction sticker get at thisoldgame.com along with the insert coins stickers.

Quarter Arcade and Mike's Arcade for everything else. Arcadeshop too. Any of those will be good choices.
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 06:17:19 pm »

Instruction sticker get at thisoldgame.com along with the insert coins stickers.

Quarter Arcade and Mike's Arcade for everything else. Arcadeshop too. Any of those will be good choices.

John, I was curious why you prefer the thisoldgame for the stickers over Mike's Arcade.  I've only seen the Mike's Arcade ones for dk and I also need to get those for my dk jr restore.  So before I buy I'd like to know what the differences are that you know about.  Thanks.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »

John, I was curious why you prefer the thisoldgame for the stickers over Mike's Arcade.  I've only seen the Mike's Arcade ones for dk and I also need to get those for my dk jr restore.  So before I buy I'd like to know what the differences are that you know about.  Thanks.

Rich went out of his way to fix all the bad stickers out there. They are good. I'd order from him.
Tarantulas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 09:00:48 pm »

Mike's also has t-molding, but it all appears to be for centered groove cabs (even though he says some is specifically for particle board cabs).

I thought all particle board cabinets had offset groove for t-molding?
Tighe

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 10:42:37 pm »

I have a particle board Jr and it isn't off center.

You can get the off center from audiomidiman on KLOV. Chopping quarters is his web site I believe.
Tarantulas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 11:10:49 pm »

I went ahead and ordered from him.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: