John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:09:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Consoles  (Read 14244 times)
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 01:21:19 pm »

I might be the oldest person on these Forums (almost 52), so when I was a kid (and money was pretty tight), we didn't even have an Atari 2600.  We had the Sears Tele-Games that played Atari 2600 Cartridges.

This whole thing is a great example of why John needs to add a FB style like button.  ;)
Danny Ogg

Hi im Dan from Sweden!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 06:12:03 pm »

Borrowed my friends dad's commodore 64 for a weekend, when i was 9 and i got a gameboy when i turned 11. Bought a second hand Sega Master system 2 with my own money the same year. Still have the Master system, and it works, played it yesterday.
MechaGregor_

"You Gotta Do It Right!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 08:33:00 pm »

I just picked up " MUNCHER " for my Bally Astrocade, an I am impressed on how close it is to an full arcade version when you look at what crap the 2600 version was for the times, plus its 4 player !

That Astrocade is sweet! I'd love to get my hands on one, but they are NOT cheap on eBay.

MechaGregor_

"You Gotta Do It Right!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »

Why do you have 4 Wii's?

Because I can.

Saw a TurboGrafx in there. Got a spare one you don't want??

That Retro Guy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 06:18:07 pm »

This whole thing is a great example of why John needs to add a FB style like button.  ;)

What's this new-fangled FB-Style button you young-uns are talking about?

grumbles:  "in my day,our joysticks only had one button . . . and we were happy to have it! /grumbles

Hey!  You kids get off my lawn!   Grin 

-----

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons . . . for you are crunchy and good with catsup.

-----

Yes, I changed my handle.  I was never really happy with Vidiot.

-----
Speedy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 10:21:51 pm »

Atari Lynx!
Racedrivin
Want to say there was a red baron rip off too...
Grew up on NES
Mind was recently blown by the new 3ds xl, first time I've contemplated buying a new system since Xbox launch.
VertexGuy
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:46 pm »

I just picked up " MUNCHER " for my Bally Astrocade, an I am impressed on how close it is to an full arcade version when you look at what crap the 2600 version was for the times, plus its 4 player !

That Astrocade is sweet! I'd love to get my hands on one, but they are NOT cheap on eBay.

they are less than 400, that's cheap.
less than the cost of an xbox one .
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 05:07:37 pm »

I just got into the TurboGrafx 16.  I remember seeing it at a friends house in the 90's, but didn't realize how cool it was back then.  The shmups on the system such as Blazing Lazers and Super Star Soldier are fantastic.  Also, I have been playing Cratermaze, trying to get a 1,000,000 point score.

On another note, has anyone had any experience with the Analogue CMVS?  Its a really cool consolized MVS Neo Geo.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: