John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:19:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on the gopro hero3  (Read 1899 times)
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »

I'm thinking of picking up a gopro hero 3+.  Does the video on those always have the fisheye effect?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:31:45 pm »

I think so which is why I don't use it. I have used it before but it's not practical for my needs.
Tighe

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:52:47 pm »

Get a camera that is not fixed focus, if you are recording games something like a Nikon DSLR would be ideal although expensive.

I have a HD Flip and it sucks because it is fixed focus and the microphone is directional so you only hear what is in front of the camera.

My Samsung S3 records better video so I have switched to using it as I can't afford the camera I really want.
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:19:39 pm »

Thanks for the advice guys.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 03:26:21 pm »

We should have asked....

What are you using it for?
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 04:14:46 pm »

Well, I suppose a hodge podge of things.  Youtube videos, filming trips with my kids, etc.  What kind of camera do you use to record your videos?  I would like the ability to do time lapse shots.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »

Well, I suppose a hodge podge of things.  Youtube videos, filming trips with my kids, etc.  What kind of camera do you use to record your videos?  I would like the ability to do time lapse shots.

I use the Sony HDR-PJ710. It's an amazing camera but it's big. It has a built-in optical stedi-cam that rules.

I had a GoPro and it's a fun camera but not very practical unless you're a pro snow boarder. I used it on a few vacations in lakes and pools and that's fun. But for everyday recording it's just not very practical. I also found the fish eye lens to be annoying. I like the lens and the effect but not for everything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: