John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:00:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asteroids Deluxe Pics.  (Read 2709 times)
jasonsmith

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2014, 07:37:33 pm »

Now that you guys helped me get it working I thought I would post up some pics. The side art is ridiculously glossy and bright, makes me wonder. The fella I got it from though took really good care of his machines, all including this one seemed to have original keys, manuals stickers etc.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:53:51 pm »

Looks awesome! It's funny, most Asteroids Deluxe games I have seen look really nice. Not sure what that means, really. It just seems like many of them have survived. Looks like you have an AWESOME specimen!
offset

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:57:24 pm »

Looks like it is in great shape, can't beat the 3D effect with the blacklight.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 05:04:58 pm »

WOW. Was it shrink wrapped? - this looks amazing.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »

I don't know why this game is so low on the value scale cause it has become the favourite of my house! I just love it and so do the kids. Wife finds the controls a bit frustrating but it's so awesome to look at and so much fun to play!
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:44 pm »

It's just one of those games you don't pass up if you enjoy the classics.
lojack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 07:29:55 am »

great find.  i scored one myself  in the process of fixing some water damage on mine.  will probably go as far as using laminate on it.  there are 2 kinds of black lights.  what you see in walmart and lowes are labeled incorrectly.  those are technically called black light blue.  the bulb itself is blue.  it has much less visible light that you can see.  A true blacklight bulb looks white like your typical florescent bulbs.  it still emits the UV light but also has more visible light.  I had to go to a light bulb store to get a real black light.  online is horrible to try and find that bulb.  You should see what type of bulb you have.  using a real black light will give the game a cooler look to me.  instead of it just glowing u can see more of the background plus the glow.

later

vids: MKI-IV, KI 1&2, Cocktail centipede, Street Fighter 2, Space Invaders Deluxe, Asteroids Deluxe, Tekken 4&5 and Soul Calibur 2
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 10:11:00 am »

I did take a look at the light and it appears to be the proper one. White tube except when lit. With the back door off it lights up everything including my shoes .
lojack

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 10:16:14 am »

great man!  i really dig that game way more than the reg asteroids.  I was just amazed how they came up with that in 79/80      the 3d, mirror and blacklight.  what a great combo. my mirror was so dirty that the only way i could clean it was to wash the glass in the tub.   

vids: MKI-IV, KI 1&2, Cocktail centipede, Street Fighter 2, Space Invaders Deluxe, Asteroids Deluxe, Tekken 4&5 and Soul Calibur 2
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 10:21:40 am »

Ya, I'm still baffled at how inexpensive this really cool game is. With all its features you'd think it would be worth way more. It's so cool and the art is awesome as well. Just goes to show that I'm not a "collector" cause I don't get it.
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 11:06:07 am »

You know I've always been short on money. So for me the question is what others games out there are low on the value scale but great fun games? We should start a list somewhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: