John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:22:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turning it back to Centipede  (Read 3127 times)
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:29:07 pm »

I paid $20 for this cause the thing wasn't getting any power the guy said. so i got it home and guess what he didnt turn on the on switch and bamm the marquee light up.

Turn this into Centipede Cabinet. help wanted and needed.

Arcade Games - / Pacman / Centipede / Frogger / Defender / Popeye / Tetris / Badlands / Virtua Fighter / Street Fighter Alpha / Star War Trilogy / Gauntlet Dark Legacy / Arch Rivals / Neo Geo MVS 4slot / PlayChoice 10 /
Pins - Black Hole / Meteor
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:17 am »

whoa whoa whoa, you got that for $20 after that? Holy shit... Well Not to scare you away but it will still cost more to make this a centipede than buying one on CL but they don't come around every day. I can probably list what you need in here or at least some of it.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:20:00 am »

http://www.arcadeshop.com/parts.htm

they have the bezel, CPO, and side art.

lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »

The first order of business that I take is to tally up what is in your cabinet still that came from the factory, then make a list of what is missing and start getting prices on what you need and then posting your wanted lists online, fellow hobbyists can often help you find what you need.
Is the original sideart under the black paint? sometimes it is and if so it often can be uncovered using citristrip.

One option you have if there is nothing factory left in the cabinet but it's still solid is to look for a junk complete cab (water damaged, mouse nest smelly, ETC) and simply transfer everything over, Or you can start picking up parts one at a time as you find good prices. You can even sell of the current marquee, bezel and PC board to get some money for original parts.

Since the Centipede PCB is missing you may want to consider buying a Millipede PCB and the Multipede kit, this fits onto a Millipede PCB and lets you play both Millipede and Centipede. it's a nice option, and it's what I'm doing on my Millipede, here are details on that: http://www.brasington.org/arcade/products/cm/

Hope some of this helps you, good luck with your project.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:42:42 pm by lordkahless214 » Logged
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

I paid $20 for this cause the thing wasn't getting any power the guy said. so i got it home and guess what he didnt turn on the on switch and bamm the marquee light up.

Turn this into Centipede Cabinet. help wanted and needed.

I can hook you up with a dudes number that just gutted a centipede (the cab sides are reeeeeally water damaged) but the rest is there.
John knows him too .. vic
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »

I can hook you up with a dudes number that just gutted a centipede (the cab sides are reeeeeally water damaged) but the rest is there.
John knows him too .. vic

That would be awesome

Arcade Games - / Pacman / Centipede / Frogger / Defender / Popeye / Tetris / Badlands / Virtua Fighter / Street Fighter Alpha / Star War Trilogy / Gauntlet Dark Legacy / Arch Rivals / Neo Geo MVS 4slot / PlayChoice 10 /
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »

The first order of business that I take is to tally up what is in your cabinet still that came from the factory, then make a list of what is missing and start getting prices on what you need and then posting your wanted lists online, fellow hobbyists can often help you find what you need.
Is the original sideart under the black paint? sometimes it is and if so it often can be uncovered using citristrip.

One option you have if there is nothing factory left in the cabinet but it's still solid is to look for a junk complete cab (water damaged, mouse nest smelly, ETC) and simply transfer everything over, Or you can start picking up parts one at a time as you find good prices. You can even sell of the current marquee, bezel and PC board to get some money for original parts.

Since the Centipede PCB is missing you may want to consider buying a Millipede PCB and the Multipede kit, this fits onto a Millipede PCB and lets you play both Millipede and Centipede. it's a nice option, and it's what I'm doing on my Millipede, here are details on that: http://www.brasington.org/arcade/products/cm/

Hope some of this helps you, good luck with your project.
The inside is pretty much still Centipede on the inside. 1942 came in conversion kit. So got side art, CP, PCB, Bezel and Marquee

STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 01:52:14 am »

he has two centipede CP's lemme see if I can pull up his info.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 01:54:17 am »

Contact this dude. he was sellin the lot of centipede stuff for 75 bux.
http://hartford.craigslist.org/tag/4296865395.html
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 10:45:17 pm »

Today i was checking the fuses and only one was good out of 6. Fuses that it takes are one 7amp fuse/four 4amp fuses/one 20amp fuse. i found in it 2amp/5amp/10amp. oh yeah and some forgot to ground 2 wires and just like to cut wires and leave them open. Angry

fun times   ;)

BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 12:46:52 pm »

So update

I got the new Power supply in there and new fuses also.
Today im going to remove the monitor and get it ready to cap it.
Also im building a Bench Tester.

So i will let you know how that goes.

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 12:48:37 pm »

Have you ordered a cap kit for that monitor yet?

BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 12:52:40 pm »

Have you ordered a cap kit for that monitor yet?

yes i did from Bob Roberts

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: