John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:00:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished all my little projects.  (Read 1236 times)
STEVESPEEZE
« on: February 17, 2014, 09:42:22 pm »

Wanted to get these bitches outta the way before the DK cab shows up.
Im gonna put as much work into the DK as I would a 500k motorcoach (use to paint for a bus company ) and nothing else on the side until the DK is finished.

Heres a look at what I built from completely stripped down empty cabs.
Missle command was really hurting when I got it. The bottom had to be replaced, the plexi , control panel, monitor, sound amp, upscaler for video and marquee light.
The Zaxxon was pretty fucked too. the board has issues, monitor quit. I gutted it and fit a 25 inch crt and neo geo MVS inside it. I put new siding on it too. Marquee light was missing.
DK Red cab... It only came with an extremely burned in monitor (john didn't even want it )  it now has a 60 in 1 with a vertical LCD.

Sega Virtual Racer.... fucking cab was a hassle.. got it empty.. Had to fit an xarcade stick , monitor (I actually have a bigger one for it) it has a modded xbox running coin ops 5 and I added black light.
Taito cab..... I got it for 75 bux.. its a small ass cab . I bought it because it had an MVS with metal slug.. the wire job was shit I had to redo it.  Monitor quit.
PUT a 138 in 1 inside it with a Horizontal LCD.... put a marquee and light (didn't have a light) Made a new control panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgOldSkUJ7w

http://youtu.be/RZnSlnszRHU

The only two things I might change is a non smoked Front plexi for Neo cab (zaxxon) and large LCD for Virtual Racer cab (coinops5)
What a bastard mix of arcade machines but they do have a nice selection on them...
138 in 1. 60 in 1. Neo Geo MVS (161-1 cart) , Xbox's with coinops 5 with 4900 games.
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:04:53 pm »

Do you like your 138 in 1? Does it emulate games well? I'm thinking of buying one. Whats your opinion on one? Can't wait to see how the DK turns out!  Cheesy
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:09:10 pm »

Do you like your 138 in 1? Does it emulate games well? I'm thinking of buying one. Whats your opinion on one? Can't wait to see how the DK turns out!  Cheesy

Um...... I mixed feelings about it.
It works...... Half  the games are decent.. half the games run decent.
I messed with diff size monitors and styles.  Seems a 15 inch dell lcd worked the best.
Might take it out later and replace it with the second 60 in 1 I have. Then make a small bartop for the 138 in 1.

If I had to choose between paying 100 for a modded xbox with coinops and a 138 in 1 id get the xbox.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:20:29 am »

Nice one.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: