John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:18:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Added DKJR to my DK  (Read 1848 times)
Tate10

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2014, 08:17:20 pm »

Picked up a working DKJR board for cheap and got it into my DK machine tonight.  I need lots of practice on DKJR!  Can't wait for cambridge to start shipping the switcher like John has.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:41:33 pm »

Picked up a working DKJR board for cheap and got it into my DK machine tonight.  I need lots of practice on DKJR!  Can't wait for cambridge to start shipping the switcher like John has.

Nice work! Clean setup too. Mark should be shipping those switchers soon. Did you contact him recently? I know he has a couple that are tested and working.
Anunaki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:42:34 am »

I have a DK cab and a DK + DK Jr boardset too, what about this switcher? Sounds like something I need

Oh, I found your vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKlX0wBkSR8
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:50:02 am by Anunaki » Logged

check out my website: www.anucade.com
Tate10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:17:39 am »

John,  I contacted Mark about a week ago and he said they should be ready for shipping soon.  I'm trying to remember from your video, did you have a custom marque made for yours?  That switcher is going to be a life saver.  Even though they are not hard to switch like you said in the video it will become a real pain in the ass to pull the machine out all the time.

Tate
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 09:28:11 am »

John,  I contacted Mark about a week ago and he said they should be ready for shipping soon.  I'm trying to remember from your video, did you have a custom marque made for yours?  That switcher is going to be a life saver.  Even though they are not hard to switch like you said in the video it will become a real pain in the ass to pull the machine out all the time.

Tate

I didn't install a custom marquee. I have the JR marquee with Dk3 board added to the cab. There are double donkey kong marquees out there.

Arcadeshop has it
http://www.arcadeshop.com/parts.htm#Graphics

uconndropout

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 02:10:42 pm »

I need s switcher also.  Who should I contact and how?  Thanks guys.
Tate10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »

http://cambridgearcade.dyndns.org/   I just emailed him last week and they are still in beta.  He said they should be ready to ship soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: