John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:03:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taito Super Chase: Criminal Termination (Chase HQ 3)  (Read 1891 times)
DrTopCat

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2018, 05:54:12 pm »

Hey guys, I have a technical problem and need your help. I have just bought a Taito Super Chase: Criminal Termination dedicated sit-down cabinet.  The monitor has been miss-handled by the previous owners and needs work.  To test the game I checked voltages and connected it (temporarily) to an LCD with an RGB to VGA converter.  It was working great. I decided to try to connect the back speakers (that are on the chair's cowl-back) and back light.  I connected them and the game was still working perfectly but no rear sound.  I moved the RGB to VGA converter as the cables were tangled then the game went off.  I have no idea why, but I am getting 'no signal' to the screen.  I checked the converter fist with an alternative one and the same issue is there; 'no signal'.  The only thing that was out of place is that the yellow wire on the converter was free.  Could this have caused an issue?  Can anyone help me troubleshoot and hopefully bring life back into this?  Cheers guys.  Tom

EDIT:

I took the sound board and mainboard apart and tested the mainboard only... nothing.  Then connected the soundboard with no sound ribbon and the game came one with no sound.  reconnected the sound board ribbon and it all works again. How odd, but soo pleased.  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:54:54 pm by DrTopCat » Logged
AgentX

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:50:53 am »

Nice work!!

Glad we could help!

Cool
DrTopCat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 04:53:34 pm »

Grin
Pages: [1]