John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:26:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John's Cool Red Circuit Breaker?  (Read 2964 times)
adamtoth

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2018, 07:59:05 am »

Question for John or anyone who might know. That cool 4 switch red circuit breaker at the top of John's stairs - what is it? Where can I get one of those? Is it a 80 amp sub panel with 4 breakers? Or are those just 4 fancy switches for the circuits, but the breakers are actually in the main panel?

Thanks.
Binkman85

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 07:39:29 pm »

This is something similar I found on Home Depot.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/BELL-2-Gang-Weatherproof-Toggle-Switch-Cover-Kit-5124-0/203597114?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-203597111-_-203597114-_-N

I think they are just waterproof covers based on past videos.

P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:57 pm »

Yeah I remember John talking about what they are in a past video. They are just normal light switches with a fancy cover that makes them look like high powered breakers. Very similar to the link posted above.
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 07:20:34 am »

I've seen where John just said that they were Pool switches he painted red
adamtoth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 10:42:48 pm »

Yeah, I heard John talk about it in his end of the year review episodes, but never really got the exact details. I kind of doubt that they are just a fancy looking lamplet switch, since he said he had an electrician wire it. It sure seems more like they were a circuit disconnect switch of some kind.
Videobandit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:21:37 am »

They are just pool covers here is what John said in his video
":John: And these little covers here it says Suitable for wet location, These are just like a cover's for a swimming pool"
How it probably works is he has a sub panel or 4 breakers in the main panel that just control the arcade games and the light switches shut off power from the outlets here is another quote from john that further support this
"Up Here I have four twenty amp switches, ok and each on of these are wired to a Twenty-eight amp breaker we got Four Twenty amp breakers"

The Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzjPFl7cVxI&t=10289s
Light Switche talk start's at 2:11
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:11:07 pm »

":John 2:11: And these little covers here it says Suitable for wet location, These are just like a cover's for a swimming pool"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzjPFl7cVxI&t=10289s

Looks like you're quoting the bible

-------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: