John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:03:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Galaga Upright Ideas?  (Read 2266 times)
Valharu

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2017, 02:51:07 pm »

Hello!

Im new here and was hoping to mine y'all for some advise. 

I have a Galaga Upright arcade with all original components.  It seems like the main board is going out as it will experience one of a couple problems during gameplay that will prevent the game continuing.  (the most common is to have the ship suddenly appear at the top of the screen but otherwise work fine).

Anyway, the bit of research I have done here in Austin, TX has found that replacing the board with another doesnt seem to be viable and most people have recommend converting to a 60:1 Jamma board.  But before I go cutting holes for new buttons and replacing the stick I wanted to see if there was any other option to keep the unit in it's original state?  Any ideas?  Sorta hate to be the one to go cutting holes in a unit made in the 80's. I cannot seem to find anyone in the Austin area that works on them.

Any ideas?
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 03:37:43 pm »

Doesn't have to be in your area. Do an internet search for people that can repair it and ship it wherever you have to. I think Ian Kellog does some PCB repair but don't take my word for it. Send him a PM or go on his sight and send him an e-mail to see what he says.

https://iankellogg.com/contact/

Worst he can do is say no....
Valharu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 04:08:10 pm »

I'll send him an email, thanks!!!
Valharu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 07:57:10 am »

https://iankellogg.com/contact/

Worst he can do is say no....

Worst he can say do is to not reply LOL!  Well I'm no worse off for the effort, thanks anyway!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: