John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:08:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Sacramento CA  (Read 1820 times)
Speed DeMonaco

Donkey Kong or Bust!

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2017, 12:52:44 am »

Past couple of years I've been getting into arcade games. Saw John on youtube and I love seeing the same enthusiasm in classic games! My first arcade game was a cocktail table at a Baskin Robins my grandpa used to take us to.

I got around to building my own table running MAME which I'm super proud of, and now I'm trying to get my hands on a cabinet to start a small collection. John and his videos really gave me the inspiration to get one!

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/SpeedDeMonaco/Arcade%20Machine/Updated%20Arcade/story

Mikey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 01:13:31 am »

Welcome, Speed!  Wow, you did a great job on that custom cocktail.  I dig the glass artwork and the wood sides - is that stain or vinyl?
I wish I could remember what the first arcade game I played was - my earliest game memory is actually of playing pinball with my uncle.  Probably why I still want a decent pin after all these years.  Good luck on your DK search, and let us know how it goes!
Servo

How do i get more then one star above my picture?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »

Welcome Speed from Sacramento

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"    Groucho Marx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: