John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:18:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of John's Arcade...  (Read 12161 times)
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 09:11:17 am »

Cheesy Hey John I know !! Do a unboxing Video of the NES game Im sending you LOL

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
HarrieD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:14:41 am »

Wow, what a thread. I personally stumbled upon the youtube channel just recently and I must say I'm hooked. I often wonder how someone can talk and talk and talk. John man, you must be a really passionate guy and I guess the channel must be a real sattisfaction for you.

The future? Well, I guess you will find a way, and I guess it will be good. I love your tech vids, I love those roadtrips and I love your passion man!

Keep up the good work!

O, by the way, buy an Earthshaker as addition to your Whirlwind. I own the set (and a funhouse too), and this is awesome.

My blog / pinball collection

Restoration projects: Fire!, Outrun
Good friends: Funhouse, Whirlwind, Earthshaker, BTTF, Seeburg V200, Neo Geo cab
Left the building: F14 Tomcat, Independence Day
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 11:17:46 am »

Worse yet, what do you do when you feel like your game room is perfect and you have everything you want?

You don't really want to get to this point.  Trust me.  My home game room is essentially there, and it has sat largely untouched for over a year now.  There are a variety of reasons for this, but my new career has put a crimp on things.  For the last two years it has been much harder for me to be home consistently on the weekends so I can schedule arcade parties and have people over.  Also, I've been working longer hours but making a lot less money than I used to.  This hamstrings my ability to change things up in the game room with new games.  Hell it even makes it harder to maintain what I have and get repairs done when I'm on a tighter budget like this.

But you have to find a way.  The arcade game collecting hobby is social by nature.  It's the best part of it, really.  When your game room reaches "perfection" and stops changing it loses its luster, both for you and for your friends, who seem to come over less and less.  Also, instant gratification is overrated and anticipation -- the "hunt" -- is part of the fun.  Don't be in such a hurry to get everything you want.  In this hobby, at least, stagnation equals death.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:20:29 am by SanTe » Logged
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 11:18:52 am »

O, by the way, buy an Earthshaker as addition to your Whirlwind. I own the set (and a funhouse too), and this is awesome.

Earthshaker was the sole pin in the last Grinkfest tournament.  I'd never seen it or even heard of it before.  It's awesome.
Junt

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 03:50:21 pm »

John when will you review dreamcast
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: