John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:30:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me please to identify this joystick and buttons  (Read 1472 times)
gparas

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:36:33 pm »

Hello from Greece. At first, I must say that here in Greece the 50% of the arcade cabinets was generic jamma black cabinets with no labels or anything else on them. I have two of those no-name cabinets and I can swap any component between them even if they are totally different in appearance. All the components (basically the joysticks and the buttons) are the same. The problem is that I want to change the joysticks/buttons because they look old but I can’t identify their type.

They have leaf switches but the main differences with the known products are:
About the joysticks, the end of the neck is 6mm while all the others are 7-9mm(?), and I am not sure if they fit on the same base.
About the buttons, they are small and the curve on the top is very deep.

If anyone knows about them please let me know. I’ve found some truly leaf switch joysticks from groovygamegear.com, but I am not sure if they give the same feeling.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:46:49 pm by gparas » Logged
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:31:13 pm »

The major difference is the hole in the bottom of the joystick from many standard joysticks. While so difficult to identify, you can check on Paradise Arcade and others for the same kind of joystick, you can get the measurements online and compare them to the stick. Basically, reproducing such a stick should be straightforward. Drilling a hole there is able to be done with basic tools. Hope that helps.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: