John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:49:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo geo single to standard jamma  (Read 1400 times)
smonroe

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2017, 04:35:25 pm »

Friend who runs a laundry mat has a single slot neo geo motherboard that died. He wants to put a multicade in it since he has a dual slot neo geo also. Everything works fine, (neo geo harness was suppose to match standard jamma) but we couldn't get it to coin up. I found the coin mechs are a separate plug on the old mother board. Is that right?

Anyone have an easy fix? Don't have any idea how to wire in extra wires to an existing harness and really don't want to rebuild a new harness from scratch. Sorry, I'm a noob at how the wires fit into the harness...
Danny Ogg

Hi im Dan from Sweden!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 06:50:34 am »

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Beginners_Guide_To_SNK_Neo_Geo_MVS

My first build ever was a Jamma to Neo Geo one slot in a Danish Made JK Univeral kabb. Got all the info from here.
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:35:05 pm »

Friend who runs a laundry mat has a single slot neo geo motherboard that died. He wants to put a multicade in it since he has a dual slot neo geo also. Everything works fine, (neo geo harness was suppose to match standard jamma) but we couldn't get it to coin up. I found the coin mechs are a separate plug on the old mother board. Is that right?

Anyone have an easy fix? Don't have any idea how to wire in extra wires to an existing harness and really don't want to rebuild a new harness from scratch. Sorry, I'm a noob at how the wires fit into the harness...

Having coin mechs connected to the motherboard is unusual. They should go through the Jamma wiring harness. This will make it difficult to swap to another PCB, which is the whole reason of having a Jamma type cabinet. Getting this fixed in terms of wiring it back up to the harness should be on the easy side for someone who knows what they are doing. If wiring is hard for you, I'm afraid it is too involved for you. BUT, finding someone who can help you to get this done should be easy. This is pretty basic for someone who does electronics. You can find out where the coin mech wires go on the Jamma connector by googling "jamma wiring". Good luck.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: