John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:56:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC man Electrohome G07 only a faint blue dot  (Read 1693 times)
jfoster.tech

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:15:43 pm »

We recently replaced all the caps and flyback on a Pacman table machine and only have a black screen with a faint blue dot on the screen.  We get music and can even make sure that the controller works as we were able to navigate with memory to the first pellet. 
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 05:02:49 pm »

I had a similar situation when I did my WG4900. Turned out that I just needed to adjust all the color pots, they were just WAAAAAY out of adjustment. Other than that I'm really not experienced enough to make any guesses.
Chris-socal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 12:44:22 pm »

How experienced are you in replacing capacitors? The reason I ask is because some boards are printed incorrectly, you need to pay close attention to the polarity of the caps you pulled out.. Also, as mentioned check all the color and horizontal/vertical adjustments.

Here is an exerpt from a G07 rebuild kit:  "Be sure to install the negative lead of C302 into the hole with the black dot shown on the topside of the chassis. The ( + ) sign on the bottom side of C302 is marked incorrectly".
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 04:44:05 pm »

How experienced are you in replacing capacitors? The reason I ask is because some boards are printed incorrectly, you need to pay close attention to the polarity of the caps you pulled out..

Yeah I ran into this issue when doing my WG 4900. There was at least one cap that the board was not printed correctly and I had to make sure to look at each cap as I removed them to make sure that the polarity was correct when I put the new one in.
conrad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 12:43:00 pm »

I am having the exact same symptom with my missile command G07. I noticed that the B+ is around 130V and I can't dial it down. I also replaced the X04 and X01 transistors but the problem still remains. I checked the traces on the PCB and it all looks fine.
Any ideas what might be causing this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: