John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:22:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centipede Arcade Cab Plays Blind  (Read 1302 times)
Cody.Hines0921

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:31:02 pm »

Title Says It All I Have Found A Ad On Craigslist For A All Original Dedicated Upright Centipede Arcade Cabinet The Guy Has It Priced At $1200 but he is willing to go anywhere from 3-7 hundred everything works and u can play but the monitor doesnt come on as if the monitors not connected to the pcb or somthings loose etc it sounds like a relatively easy fix and im sure i could fix it even tho i am only 16 years old but i mean i am really wanting to get into this hobby and centipede is a game i loved A TON as a kid on the 2600 so any help as to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated! PS: i dont plan to fix it at the sellers house as a tip from john himself is dont ever do that as if you get it working the seller may ask for more cash always fix it off location from the seller

any help in terms of fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

and yes the monitor is the original monitor that comes in centipedes from the factory i believe the monitors the same found in most bally/midway games such as pac-man ms pac-man and galaga if im not mistaken i believe its a electrohome G07? again i know nothing about arcade machines but i really do want to get into this hobby as i feel like it could be fun and rewarding any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated!
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 05:29:25 pm »

If it's playing blind $300 is more like it. Probably a monitor issue.
Cody.Hines0921

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:21:00 pm »

yea i think its either the tv tube or the monitor as the ad says that sounds relatively easy to fix tho and that may or may not even be the issue idk yet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: