John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:42:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change a Popeye to a DK?  (Read 4440 times)
tebright1

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2017, 01:13:38 pm »

I got an original Popeye that was converted to a Black Tiger. It has the original Bezel and other misc. parts. I am missing the game PCB, the cage, the marquee and the control panel / overlay. It was painted black and I am guessing the side art was ruined. I am looking for parts for Popeye but was thinking maybe it would be better to restore it to a DK. What do you guys think? Before I get too far.
Videobandit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 01:53:11 pm »

I got an original Popeye that was converted to a Black Tiger. It has the original Bezel and other misc. parts. I am missing the game PCB, the cage, the marquee and the control panel / overlay. It was painted black and I am guessing the side art was ruined. I am looking for parts for Popeye but was thinking maybe it would be better to restore it to a DK. What do you guys think? Before I get too far.

If your going cost more then enjoyment I would say Popeye the pcb is not that sought after like dk and the CPO, Marquee and Side art will be the same price as

If your going for the easier restore route I would still say Popeye less work but if your going for fun factor That's up to you.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:21:38 am »

Popeye is a horizontal monitor too. You need the vertical monitor mount brackets.
tebright1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 01:05:02 pm »

I am leaning towards Popeye. I like the idea of bringing it back to its original state. Plus I wont need to get vertical mount brackets!

All I need now, is to find a Popeye PCB.
darincolon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:35:05 pm »

Yes, I want to see Popeye in original style!

I like different online and arcade games. And I hope that on this site I will find a lot of friends
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:33:08 am »

I agree with John. Which game do you like better? You could do a mod on the board or the put multiple boards in it but Popeye is horizontal while DK is vert. Mario is also horizontal but it's a 2 player if you thought about multi boards. Another thought is the type of connector you have: multiple board connectors or an edge connector. Stay away from the DK 4 board stack if you decide on DK.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
tebright1

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 03:47:51 pm »

So... I managed to get a converted DK! Has Super Mario Bros at the moment.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Lewis Travis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 10:45:14 am »

Yes, I want to see more Popeye in original style!

That's all I ever wanted.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:42:10 am by Lewis Travis » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: