John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:39:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada  (Read 1602 times)
JohnMc

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:02 pm »

I'm new to the arcade hobby; however, I'm having a lot fun!  I have done some basic electronic before, and some arduino stuff as well.  I just picked up a Williams, Robotron 2084 that was said to be working but, one day the monitor just stoped working!  I have been just doing some research for now and should start on the repair soon.  I've cleaned out the inside of the cabinet and have noticed some blown fuses, some connectors with round pins look like they've overheated at one point and I'll be checking the caps with my trusty ESR meter.

I can't wait to get started Grin 

Sincerely, John Smiley

Williams,  Robotron 2084 (not working yet)
allansim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:48:25 am »

Welcome to the forum, would be great to see pics of your Robotron.  Also, watch some of the John's Arcade youtube videos made in the last few months as he went into detail replacing burnt round pins on the power supply of a Robotron (spoiler: in the end he gave up as it didn't fix his issues and he just installed a regular switching power supply and Williams adapter)  Cheesy
JohnMc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 01:46:27 am »

I've posted some pictures and a little status up-date, in the Beginner's Help Corner.

JohnMc Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: