John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:38:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo vs gun color?  (Read 3284 times)
krakorjak

These aren't the droids you're looking for

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:31 pm »

All right I have a question with the Nintendo vs Arcade gun. I have seen Black,orange, pink and blue colors. Did different colors come with different systems or games. I'm just curious and I haven't found anything on it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

My Games: Ivan Stewart Super Off Road 3 Player, Neo Geo MVS25-4 V3

Looking for: Pacman, , MVS Games
Joe3693

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:09:51 am »

Playchoice guns will work in a vs, vs guns will not work in a playchoice.
A playchoice gun will have 1 connector with a wire loop in it and only have 4 wires total going to the 2 connectors. A vs gun will have 6 wires going to the 2 connectors and no wire loop. Nintendo guns are orange or black, can be either plastic or rubber.
Nintendo guns arent blue or pink.
krakorjak

These aren't the droids you're looking for

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 04:19:28 pm »

I have figured out what the BLUE and PINK guns come from Lethal Enforcer. They look just like the orange Nintendo guns inside and everything. Now the 2 connectors plug right in but they don't have the loop. I had it plugged in to my Red Tent but all I could get was a trigger sound but no hit marker. I also had to bypass the alarm. Now I have seen a few arcade parts web sites sale these as Nintendo guns so I'm still a little confused if they will work or not and my gun maybe broken. I just ended up hacking the Nintendo zapper for now.

My Games: Ivan Stewart Super Off Road 3 Player, Neo Geo MVS25-4 V3

Looking for: Pacman, , MVS Games
Joe3693

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 04:40:37 pm »

I have never known anyone to get a blue or pink gun to work in a Nintendo cab. They may look similar but the optics are know where near close to eachother.

I have known a few people that took the zapper optics out and shaved down the pcb to fit inside the gun and then it will work.

People have been mistaking the pink and blue for Nintendo guns for over a decade, and they are often listed as Nintendo guns then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: