John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:16:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new to this  (Read 1220 times)
Scobra69

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2017, 02:24:34 am »

hello

I have always wanted my own arcade game. Never thought it was possible until i stumbled on johns arcade on youtube.
got sucked in and now im hooked. Went out and got my first cabinet 3 weeks ago and i cant stop looking for more. Not sure if im the only one but my first purchase was a terrible one.Z back 3-koam with tekken 3 it also had tekken 2 board both working but the particle board cab has so much water damage that it just falls apart even after bondo. it was a street fighter 2 c.e. converted to tekken so i want to make it street fighter but the boeard i bought is toast and i cant find a new c board. So not such a good start but at 47 i know i dont want to give up that easy ill keep trying as long as the money is available. Not so easy with three kids spending it all. So thats me hope someone can help me get this stuff figured ou. thankst
TheMoose94

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 04:36:48 am »

Welcome to the madness as John would say !! I would join KLOV  (Killer List Of  Video Games) to they have a lot of nice people that are in the hobby also, You may be able to get the board you have repaired or replaced for a reasonable price , also if you google (arcade game cpu board repair) there are some places that repair them at a reasonable cost. Once particle board gets wet its hard to do anything with you may need to cut away the bad part and replace it with a new piece and then bondo over and paint. Sometimes you can look around and find a empty cabinet to and then use that. I was the same way started out with the intention of one multicade and now 5 games later I'm hooked !!!!! Good luck !!
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 08:35:18 pm »

Stay off CL and find your local collectors forum.. buy and sell from other collectors.. don't with CL crazies when starting out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: