John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:53:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would be the best product to glue down peeling artwork  (Read 830 times)
sfernandes

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2017, 03:32:57 pm »

Hi Guys,

I know most of you will say peel it off and get a repro, but I would like to maintain the original art if possible. This is an X-MEN and in the bottom the artwork is all there, nothing missing, it is just peeling up and rolling itself. Any idea of the best adhesive to tackle the job to tack it back down. Anyone know what material this artwork is made of like is it a vinyl, paper etc? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:23:23 am »

I have a tempest where the artwork was peeling from the marquee. It has a tax stamp from 1982 on it so I did not want to lose it. I cleaned the glass with alcohol and the peeling 'vinyl' as there was crud on it. I bought a multi purpose (clear drying) craft glue from the craft store. I will look the exact name up later today when I get home. It worked well but you need to put clamps in it to hold it down while it dries.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: