John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:19:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Space duel pride on the line  (Read 1143 times)
twiztidXXXninja

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2017, 12:35:46 pm »

Hey guys,
I have a space duel cocktail that iv been fighting for about a year off and on. the machine has it out for me. its been in our house while i was growing up but monitor hasnt worked in probably 15 years. Decided it was time to fix it, i do believe someone looked at it back in the day, but they were one of the arcade repair guys that say nope cant be fixed but ill give you 50 for it. Of course it has a wells garner k6100 monitor. fuses f100 and f101 blow as soon as it turns on. i have done a full cap kit, chassis transistors, and the few diodes and resistors that i read were common issues. i added the lv2000 board. so far nothing has fixed it. Im sure its something super simple that iv overlooked or just missed. i just went and replaced chassis transistor plastic insulators, noticed on was cracked when i replaced the transistors but didn't think to order them at the same time. my skill level is somewhere between intermediate and complete noob, iv fixed a couple of my other machines but this one has just repeatedly beaten me down with not even a glimmer of hope or progress.
Thanks any help or ideas is appreciated       
Mikey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:33:25 pm »

Did you check your voltages on your power supply?  Something seems to be getting a little too much juice.
Chris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 07:49:12 pm »

Hey guys,
I have a space duel cocktail that iv been fighting for about a year off and on. the machine has it out for me. its been in our house while i was growing up but monitor hasnt worked in probably 15 years. Decided it was time to fix it, i do believe someone looked at it back in the day, but they were one of the arcade repair guys that say nope cant be fixed but ill give you 50 for it. Of course it has a wells garner k6100 monitor. fuses f100 and f101 blow as soon as it turns on. i have done a full cap kit, chassis transistors, and the few diodes and resistors that i read were common issues. i added the lv2000 board. so far nothing has fixed it. Im sure its something super simple that iv overlooked or just missed. i just went and replaced chassis transistor plastic insulators, noticed on was cracked when i replaced the transistors but didn't think to order them at the same time. my skill level is somewhere between intermediate and complete noob, iv fixed a couple of my other machines but this one has just repeatedly beaten me down with not even a glimmer of hope or progress.
Thanks any help or ideas is appreciated     

I'd have a space duel that had a monitor issue as well. I downloaded the 6100 FAQ document and followed the directions regarding that symptom and got it working. I can't recall exactly, but do know that FAQ pointed me in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: