John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:30:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you restore Marine Boy?  (Read 2730 times)
rocketsurgeon

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2017, 04:09:10 pm »

Hi everyone! I'm new to collecting and just picked up a Ms Pac-Man and a Marine Boy as a pair. I was pretty disappointed to find out Ms Pac-Man was a bootleg, but it's fun to play and that made it worth the time spent to fix the board. I can't find ANYTHING on Marine Boy, though, so I'm having a hard time deciding if I should put the time and money into fixing the board and refurbing the cabinet for the sake of restoring something rare or special, or if I should just convert it into something my family will enjoy. The board looks legit - it's an Orca OVG-51E/OVG-54F. Power supply and monitor work - suspect board problem. There is a Marine Boy marquee, no side art ("wood" laminate), Marine Boy instruction card. Is this worth restoring? Is the game even fun? Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:19:26 pm by rocketsurgeon » Logged
allansim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 05:45:20 pm »

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8621
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 11:37:57 pm »

looks interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzFs6jpJF08 Plus no one admits that they have one...I might do it just to say I had such a rare game.  That marquee is one of the super generic ones they printed out when they break the originals
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: