John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:44:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: K7201 Issues  (Read 1308 times)
kingdbag

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2017, 10:50:30 pm »

Had a monitor that was totally dead... replaced the flyback, hot and a cap kit. Now the tube comes on, but the screen is just red... with a little blue and green creeping in. I know I have to degauss it, but I honestly don't think that is going to fix it 100%. I tried adjusting every knob on the chassis and the picture just stays red. I don't see anything in any of the flow charts I've been looking at that help. I don't know where to go from here... any ideas?

I did see the attract mode working (I could see something move on the screen, but was hard to make out) at one point until I started tweaking knobs so I think the tube is getting picture correctly from the PCB. What's on the screen in the image I attached is just burn-in...

kingdbag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:19:04 pm »

So after tweaking the monitor a little bit this is the best I can get the monitor to look... It is soooo blurry... when I try and adjust the focus on the flyback the screen just turns bright white if I turn it up too high. I messed with the convergence rings, degaussed the monitor, etc... and I just can't get it to look any better. Any ideas?  Huh?

Someone help me out!!!  Grin

BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »

Can't see your pictures. I believe that you need to have the pictures hosted elsewhere and put the link to them here. But....that being said: are you aware of this monitor ever working?( asking in case the yoke, rings, tube or chassis has been replaced improperly.) assuming the game is playing blind, and your repairs have been made correctly, you may have a bad tube or you may want to check the neck board. Make sure the transistors on the board are good and that the socket is good. My checks go in order : power, connections, adjustments, components (caps, transistors, resistors) I had a metal oxide resistor go out on a 7000 series monitor. It is used as a type of fuse. It went out due to bad transistors.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 02:43:18 pm »

Also: I believe some med res monitors had jumpers (or a jumper bundle) on them to use as standard res. Not sure if yours is one or not. Something to look into. I'm not in my shop ATM but I'll look it up when I can.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: