John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:15:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm debating manufacturing my first arcade game.  (Read 6763 times)
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 01:43:00 am »

There's going to be power ups. I've got all kinds of ideas in mind but i still need a team of people to make it happen. I've got 400.00 and thats more or less a monitor and a cabinet. Thats about it.

I think you should find a donor cabinet that you can adapt to meet your needs. every now and then people try to get rid of cabinets for various reasons and it might even have a working monitor.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 01:46:07 am »

There's going to be power ups. I've got all kinds of ideas in mind but i still need a team of people to make it happen. I've got 400.00 and thats more or less a monitor and a cabinet. Thats about it.

I think you should find a donor cabinet that you can adapt to meet your needs. every now and then people try to get rid of cabinets for various reasons and it might even have a working monitor.

Ya i've thought about that, the problem is im more or less in an arcade black void around here. there is no operators around me. the closest is an hour there and back and traffic is horrible. I'd be better off just custom making it.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 06:35:25 pm »

Quick updates

My automata is coming along nicely, A few bench tests away from developing my first 555 timer circuit to make it coin operated.

{full disclaimer this video is monitized just a heads up so your aware ahead of time}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfixDqLIL6k

^ ive made a nicer top for it out of cloth but i plan on monetizing this and making it coin operated.

I've picked up a breadboard, components, and a brand new blue suzo-happ coin reject button. So I'm getting there the going is just a little slow right now.

The gun game is still at a stand still until I can round the money and tools around.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 09:41:38 pm »

Quick updates

My automata is coming along nicely, A few bench tests away from developing my first 555 timer circuit to make it coin operated.

{full disclaimer this video is monitized just a heads up so your aware ahead of time}

^ ive made a nicer top for it out of cloth but i plan on monetizing this and making it coin operated.

I've picked up a breadboard, components, and a brand new blue suzo-happ coin reject button. So I'm getting there the going is just a little slow right now.

The gun game is still at a stand still until I can round the money and tools around.
good job we are all starting to see your idea come to fruition. I have a bad habit of taking on too many projects at once. Stay on track!! pretty cool idea, keep it going~!

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 11:32:47 pm »

Quick updates

good job we are all starting to see your idea come to fruition. I have a bad habit of taking on too many projects at once. Stay on track!! pretty cool idea, keep it going~!

My supply's should be here Wednesday from Suzo-Happ and I'm thinking my breadboard should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. It's a slow process but its speeding up now.

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 06:07:28 pm »

If you need any help feel free to contact me. I am an electrical engineer and have a few years experience now with pcb design and embedded programming

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 06:14:27 pm »

If you need any help feel free to contact me. I am an electrical engineer and have a few years experience now with pcb design and embedded programming

I need all kinds of electronics help so ill likely pm you with some details of what I'd like to do.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: