John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:06:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Thunder Storm or Road Blaster (Laserdisc games) players?  (Read 1728 times)
Jack Talk Thai

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2016, 07:22:21 pm »

Hi, new here, been watching John's videos over the past few weeks...I've been playing the old 80's laserdisc games mentioned in the title, including Dragon's Lair, after watching John's great video on the game...I have a problem, though.

I don't last more than thirty seconds in Thunder Storm or Road Blaster. The directional prompts are no problem--it's the trigger buttons for speed, brake, or in the case of Thunder Storm firing. The first time you need to speed up in Road Blaster I notice the indicator to hit the button blinks twice, as if you should hit it twice. When I do that I fail, so instead I hold the button down and it works--the problem is when I need to trigger it again a few seconds later--three blinks this time--it always fails. Same thing with the third copter I need to shoot in Thunder Storm, and I have no idea why.

Anyone with experience in these games have any ideas? Many thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: