John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:46:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from The Netherlands  (Read 4154 times)
Sphere

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:48:16 pm »

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say hello! My name is Pieter and I am a Arcade enthusiast from The Netherlands. About 3,5 years ago I started the hobby within a Dutch community and in the meantime I have collected 4 cabs. I have a NAC, Sega Naomi rebuild/MAME, Woody with 2 slot MVS and recently bought a racing cab resto project to build a Outrun 2 setup.

Recently I started to look for arcades to visit and noticed that information is scattered around the internet. Therefore I decided to start a project to create a map with all arcade locations worldwide on my website arcadeuniverse.net . Currently I already found 138 locations and I have set myself the goal to have 500 arcades on the map before the 1st of July.

Next to an Arcade enthusiast I am also a husband and father of 2 sons, oldest being 5.5 years and the youngest being 1 year old. Both of them share the passion of blinking lights and loud speaker so I am sure the guys will follow in their fathers footsteps Grin

As said just wanted to say hi and love to hang out here to learn and read more about arcade gaming and sharing my knowledge with you guys as well.

Regards,

Pieter
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:52:53 pm by Sphere » Logged

Terry68Firebird

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:58 am »

Hi Pieter,
Welcome  Smiley
A very cool idea for a world arcade map!
I'll suggest a couple on your site.

Terry
Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 03:09:04 am »

Hey Terry,

Thank you for the support Cheesy. And I love doing it too to be honest. For my work I travel a bit now and again and that my interest to find arcades as in The Netherlands we do not have so much of them especially not with real interesting stuff. And to be completely honest, I would be against a roadtrip now and again to visit some arcades Cool

So if anyone has any suggestions just let me know here or submit it on the website. Either way would be great.

Regards,

Pieter

Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 06:08:54 am »

Well in the meantime I managed to add 183 locations to the map and counting.

If you have any additional suggestions please feel free to let me know by adding the locations here or through the site.

Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 06:27:49 pm »

200 and counting, only 300 left to hit the goal. If you have any arcade locations you wish to add to the map please let me know.

Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:49:33 pm »

Hey Guys, I am still looking for some additional arcades to add to the map. Feel free to have a look here: http://www.arcadeuniverse.net/arcade-map/

Are there any seriously good arcades I missed? Or maybe some barcades that are worth mentioning? Please let me know, any help is highly appreciated.

Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 08:52:20 am »

Right now I managed to get 257 locations on the map. Any tips or suggestions are highly appreciated as I know there are still plenty of (b)arcades out there that are till not in the map. 

If you like the initiative please feel free to like the Facebook page here -> https://www.facebook.com/arcadeuniverse/

If you have locations in other parts of the world let me know as well.

Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 05:16:53 am »

Alright guys, latest update: Currently there are 324 locations on the map and counting. If you have any additional arcades please let me know here or through the website. Either way is great! Thanks so far for all the suggestions.

Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 12:45:39 pm »

Alright, time for a quick update and request for help. Currently the map has 350+ locations however I only have 6 in Canada. It seems that in the east of Canada there are no (b)arcades on the map yet. If anyone knows of any (b)arcades in that area please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Sphere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 02:48:42 am »

Hey Guys, with the latest update we now have 424 arcade locations on the map. If you have more suggestions please feel free to let me know here or submit the location through the website.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: