John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:41:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1989 Atari hard driving sit down machine for $100.00  (Read 6739 times)
David P

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2015, 10:03:48 am »

Hey guys I found a 1989 Atari hard Driving delux sit down model for $100.00 if you can disassemble it and remove it from the upstairs of a garage without wrecking the place. Everything works except force feed back stopped working. Is Atari force feedback something that can be fixed in that game?

Would this be a good buy for my first driving game if I got a few of the boys together to move it?

Thanks for your input

David
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:17:54 am »

Where are you located? Nice . BAD ASS game.
Guss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 11:11:07 am »

Wow, If I could find one for that price I'd jump on it.  Good Pickup/deal ! I put many quarters in that game back in the early 90s.

I found this on a quick google search.  One of the engineers on the game posted information/schematics.  Looks like a good place to start.
http://www.jmargolin.com/schem/schems.htm
David P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:54:37 pm »

Hi John I am in Ontario, Canada a long way off but I read it was the first three dimensional driving game Atari made or something like that would this be a fairly valuable game if working in good shape?

Just a little worried if the force feedback is something I could fix myself with some research or not don't want to bbq myself.....
offset

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 05:29:40 pm »

LOVE Hard Drivin (and Race Drivin), some cheap ones near me the past couple years, but I have no place to store it, won't fit through the basement doors and I cant give up the garage space, and it is extremely heavy.

Awesome game though.
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 03:07:19 pm »

For $100,
Worry about the forced feed back, AFTER you have the same.

I think once you take it apart to clean & lube. You may find the issue. Even if you have to replace $300 is parts, you still got a great .

I use to play this game at the Dog Track. For some reason I was allowed to enter. But not bet, so I would ride my bike up and place in their small arcade.
David P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:17:45 pm »

LOVE Hard Drivin (and Race Drivin), some cheap ones near me the past couple years, but I have no place to store it, won't fit through the basement doors and I cant give up the garage space, and it is extremely heavy.

Awesome game though.

Yes my other topic is more about the scenario the guy tells me it is about 700 pounds and has to be brought from the upstairs of his garage down without causing damage but he had a lift truck put it upstairs in his garage when they were building the garage..ugggg not sure about this!!!!
offset

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 06:32:24 pm »

Awesome game though.

Yes my other topic is more about the scenario the guy tells me it is about 700 pounds and has to be brought from the upstairs of his garage down without causing damage but he had a lift truck put it upstairs in his garage when they were building the garage..ugggg not sure about this!!!!

Sounds like he is transferring the liability to the $100 mover, .  Be careful if you decide to get it.

Or tell him you'll pay him $200 for it if he can get it moved to the main floor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: