John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:23:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Place To Buy Refurbished  (Read 2308 times)
OrioleFan

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2015, 01:22:13 pm »

There are quite a few businesses who sell refurbished arcade games out there. Does anyone have a recommendation on a few? Somewhere that sells 1980s early 90s arcade games and does a good job refurbishing back to like new condition. I don't mind spending extra money if that means getting a great restoration.

Thanks in advance!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:09:53 pm »

There are quite a few businesses who sell refurbished arcade games out there. Does anyone have a recommendation on a few? Somewhere that sells 1980s early 90s arcade games and does a good job refurbishing back to like new condition. I don't mind spending extra money if that means getting a great restoration.

Thanks in advance!

That's tough. I dunno. That Game Exchange place I went to in Colorado seemed pretty decent. I have no idea about the prices. They ship too.

There is also Todd Tuckey @ TNT. I have personally never done business with either.
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:36:56 pm »

I'm guessing you're in or near Baltimore.  This might be the best place closest to you:

http://www.richieknucklez.com

There may be others closer that I don't know about, but Richie does top notch work.
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:51:51 am »

Holy shit his prices are ridiculous!

1500 for a missile command?  damn son!
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 03:27:01 pm »

Holy shit his prices are ridiculous!

1500 for a missile command?  damn son!

No they are not.  They are in line for what he offers, professional level restores that come with service and warranty support.  Whether you want to acknowledge it or not there is a market for non-hardcore collectors with money who are willing to pay extra for attention to detail and someone to call when something goes wrong.  In fact, $1500 for a restored Missile Command with warranty support is not only fair, it's noticeably less than what other retail operations try to charge.
offset

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 06:08:14 pm »

Fully restored games are pricey, some retailers offer warranties/repair/trade-in.

Usually I buy them cheap myself and restore them, but after you count your labor/money for restore, you will spend close to equivalent (if not more), but I enjoy the process of fixing them up and learning how they work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: