John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:23:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings From Montreal!  (Read 2733 times)
8bit chef

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2013, 04:34:45 pm »

Hi,

Been following this site for a long time now, i love it.

So I now own a PC10 and a nintendo red tent!, the red tent I've owned for 3 years now.
Its all messed up inside the monitors are shot the wiring is messed up and the power supply is shot.......I've tried to trade and sell this cab to enthusiasts, but no joy so far Sad
And i really wanted to trade this cab because i really did not want to butcher it, i was trying to trade it for an old beaten arcade cab to do a mame project...

so i plan on putting mame on it,,,,,now before i get blasted for it hear me out.

I dont have the skills or drive to restore this bad boy so i want to put a Nes hyper spin in this thing to run all the old classic nes beat em ups (Basically i want a dedicated nes beat em up machine, and for fun i might add a gun to this project as well) the body needs to be restored as well. its a shame to as it was loaded with Vs. Castlevania and Vs RBI baseball. I've been trying to find like minded people who have attempted this kind of project on the net, but can't find any, does anyone here know of anyone doing something like this, if not does anyone here know how to mount lcds to this thing?

Any help modding this unit would be awesome.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I'm still open to that trade, if anyone is in or around montreal looking for a Red Tent.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:40:10 pm by 8bit chef » Logged

"IAM ERROR"
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »

Hi,

Been following this site for a long time now, i love it.

So I now own a PC10 and a nintendo red tent!, the red tent I've owned for 3 years now.
Its all messed up inside the monitors are shot the wiring is messed up and the power supply is shot.......I've tried to trade and sell this cab to enthusiasts, but no joy so far Sad
And i really wanted to trade this cab because i really did not want to butcher it, i was trying to trade it for an old beaten arcade cab to do a mame project...

so i plan on putting mame on it,,,,,now before i get blasted for it hear me out.

I dont have the skills or drive to restore this bad boy so i want to put a Nes hyper spin in this thing to run all the old classic nes beat em ups (Basically i want a dedicated nes beat em up machine, and for fun i might add a gun to this project as well) the body needs to be restored as well. its a shame to as it was loaded with Vs. Castlevania and Vs RBI baseball. I've been trying to find like minded people who have attempted this kind of project on the net, but can't find any, does anyone here know of anyone doing something like this, if not does anyone here know how to mount lcds to this thing?

Any help modding this unit would be awesome.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I'm still open to that trade, if anyone is in or around montreal looking for a Red Tent.

Hey, man! Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear your red tent is all molested! I am not sure how easy a MAME setup would be in there with the dual monitors. I guess you could do two unique setups?
8bit chef

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:24:35 am »

i thought about that already, but is it not possible to run two monitors off the same pc?

"IAM ERROR"
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »

It may be possible with 2 serperate graphic cards?
8bit chef

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:51:41 pm »

dunno ill have to try that, however someone is interested in buying it now so we shall see what happens, i would use the money to buy an upright cab...

"IAM ERROR"
Avid_e_o_Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 12:42:35 pm »

if you still want to sell your red tent I am from Canada and could probably take it off your hands for parts
any idea what you want for it?
or have you completed the meme project on it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: