John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:35:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: John's Arcade Impossible Outsiders Tournament and MEETUP - May 29 and 30 Funspot  (Read 11688 times)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2015, 07:16:50 pm »

Here are all the details.

======

With the blessing of Funspot, we are going to be putting on a tournament on May 29 and 30, 2015 at Funspot / ACAM in Laconia, NH.

John's Arcade Impossible Outsiders - BROFEST 2015!

This is going to be a John's Arcade, Arcade Impossible, Arcade Outsiders, and The Kill Screens tournament. That's right, come join me, Gregg Hansen, Shawn "Phetishboy" Williams, Matt McCarthy, and more for a weekend of stupidity and fun! This is going to be a VERY casual tournament. If you're not good at the games, don't worry about it! If you're good at the games you'll be among good company. There is going to be some good competition too!

This will be an AURCADE.com tournament and the scores will count!

Thanks to our Director of Operations, Kris Gack, we have many, many sponsors for this event. Check out some of them below! We have about $2,000 in raffle and tournament prizes! How awesome!

Anyways, we are expecting a huge turnout. It's gonna be a blast. And, the fun will not end at Funspot. Most of us are staying at the NASWA resort and we will be having late night beer tastings, song sessions on the beach, and old fashioned weenie roasts!

Here are the details. I hope you can make it!

Who can come? YOU! The event is all ages and open to anyone. Don't worry about it! Just show up. It's gonna be fun. You don't need to be good at these games. But if you are, there will be plenty of competition. Trust me. Just have fun. Smiley

How much does it cost? There is no entry fee for the tournament. It is free! However, we hope you purchase a t-shirt and raffle tickets as the funds generated by those sales will be used for the prize pool and donations to ACAM and Scott Gaulin's family.

How do I register? Please e-mail Andrew at 34k@johnsarcade.com and tell him your name, city, and state so he can have your badge ready for you when you arrive.

What games are in the tournament? This is a secret! Smiley We will announce them the day of the tournament. Don' worry, the are GOOD games. We plan on having 15 games in the main tournament and will also have a side"manufacturer's challenge" tournament with three games.

What are the dates and times for the event?

NASWA Beach Bar - May 29th, 2015 - 12pm EST - Meet and Greet

FUNSPOT - May 29th, 2015 - 2:30PM EST - CLOSE - TOURNAMENT

FUNSPOT - May 30th, 2015 - 10:30am EST - 10:00pm EST - TOURNAMENT

FUNSPOT - MAY 30th, 2015 - 10:30pm EST - Prize ceremony, live Arcade Outsider's podcast, and more.

NOTE: The end time for the tournament and prize ceremony / live Arcade Outsider's Podcast is subject to change. We are going to play it by ear!

Where is this all happening?

Funspot
579 Endicott St N
Laconia, NH 03246

Where do I stay?

There are many hotels in the area. I can recommend NASWA and MARGATE.

Most of us are staying at: The NASWA Resort

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:04:02 pm by John's Arcade » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:25:12 am »

Would love to but I don't get enough vacation time to make it again this year.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:33:08 pm »

Congrats John, nice work.

Walter has improved also.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:18:28 pm »

LAME!!!!!!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »

Congrats John, nice work.

Walter has improved also.

Leslie, I hope you can come!!!
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:19:11 pm »

LAME!!!!!!

Welcome to the reality of most working Americans.  I get no paid time off of work.  But hey, my benefits are shitty and really expensive, so I got that going for me.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 06:30:04 am »

For international guys, what airport should we be looking at?  Boston?

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from%3ACardiff%2C+Wales%2C+UK+%28CWL-Cardiff+Intl.%29%2Cto%3ABoston%2C+MA%2C+United+States+%28BOS-All+Airports%29%2Cdeparture%3A28%2F05%2F2015TANYT&leg2=from%3ABoston%2C+MA%2C+United+States+%28BOS-All+Airports%29%2Cto%3ACardiff%2C+Wales%2C+UK+%28CWL-Cardiff+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A31%2F05%2F2015TANYT&passengers=children%3A0%2Cadults%3A1%2Cseniors%3A0%2Cinfantinlap%3AY&options=cabinclass%3Aeconomy%2Cnopenalty%3AN%2Csortby%3Aprice&mode=search

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 08:27:32 am »

Yes, Boston is going to be your best bet.
Stevefromalbany

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 09:34:38 pm »

im going to try and come dont have a ride im looking in to buses and getting time off from work
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 12:23:14 pm »

Thanks for being a bro and including my YouTube link here.  You're the best.
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 01:32:12 pm »

Is anyone up for a ride share/carpool to Fun Spot, meeting on Thursday, May 28th at 6pm @ Boston airport?

-------
FluxCapacitorArcade

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:22 pm »

I'm going to try to make this...
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »

I'm going to try to make this...

You better make it!
Stevefromalbany

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 10:01:51 pm »

looks like im coming to funspot all see you guys there
relax

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 05:56:23 am »

im looking into going but i have a couple problems, if take a bus it doesnt appear it goes all the way to laconia,nh so id be stuck as to how to get all the way up there. if i fly id be stuck at boston logon. also the rooms at naswa look to be abit much for me. i dont have alot of money so id need to share room with people. id love to go, does any1 have any interjections on this or plan? thanx.
 ;)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: