John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:48:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Pinball - Free from my neighbor. I kid you not.  (Read 5447 times)
bfrosty

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:15:44 pm »

Just picked this up from my neighbor who didn't know how to fix it or really had time to mess with it.  Even delivered for me to my front door.

Checkpoint by DataEast - Needs a DMD.
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:39 am »

not bad game, but its from the data east era of rules that consist of basically nothing but shoot the ramp.

the display, hopefully its ok and just needs to be reseated because the 128 x 16 dmd's are hard to find and not cheap! I dont even know if there are any around right now (neither marco, pbl, bayarea have them)

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
KennyL

I'm just an average guy, I guess.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:08:18 am »

It is unfortunate, considering how rare and expensive the DMD is...but let us not forget this was absolutely free.  Hell of a for a Checkpoint in any condition.  There's hundreds in parts there, but I bet she can be fixed and kept whole if you're willing to track down a DMD.  Or, as stated, you might get really lucky and only need something like a re-seat/cold solder joint reflow to get her DMD going.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just realized I bumped a thread from February.  Well, here's to hoping he got this sorted or is actively searching for the parts.

Kenny L.
As an f.y.i. there is more than corn in Indiana...there's soybeans, ha.
Mini NeoGeo machine thread, inspired by Ben Heck:
http://www.johnsarcade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2640.0
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 06:57:33 am »

I'm interested in finding out if he fixed it or forget it? That is the name of the new arcade collecting reality show on HGTV btw. Jk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
offset

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 09:51:02 am »

Strange how lack of space/time is a motivator over time.

I've been known to get rid of unpopular arcade cabinets for free just to free up space in the garage or storage unit, etc.
bfrosty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 11:26:54 pm »

Yes, it is fixed.  Acquired a DMD from Germany of all places.  Fixed rubbers, bulbs and Ramp Speed Detector.

Super strong flippers and great shaker motor...this is one of my favorite pinballs to play.

Thanks for checking.
Bfrosty
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: