John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:53:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burger Time  (Read 3578 times)
Daikath

Sega Enthousiast

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2014, 02:14:17 pm »

I read some videos and guides. There seem to be a difference in opinion on getting rid of the top items first or to get the lower ones and making sure you get points from getting a enemy to drop with it with each layer of the burger. I guess that is the classic risk versus reward on getting more points later-on or pushing it now.

I've seen videos of them manipulating all four enemies on the first screen until they occupy the same place got the ultimate ammount of points when dropping them off a burger item. Is there any trick to this or is it just learning a pattern on each board and learning how to execute said pattern?
Daikath

Sega Enthousiast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:38:16 am »

All of these things might be self evident for people who have been playing this game for longer, but I only seriously began playing it again lately. For now I discovered that the difference in height in the level will evt get the enemies closer together as long as you don' kill them but drop them and they go back as one instead of spawning in four different points.
That Retro Guy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:37:27 pm »

I don't know if this youtube video will help you (the title says Old Pattern), but take a peek and see if it helps you.

http://youtu.be/U0_Wn0i_YkY

Good luck!   Grin

-----

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons . . . for you are crunchy and good with catsup.

-----

Yes, I changed my handle.  I was never really happy with Vidiot.

-----
Daikath

Sega Enthousiast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 03:25:58 pm »

Hah, thanks for the link. So yeah there are patterns you have to learn to get really high burger time scores.. It does kinda remove the magic but hey, whatever works.
That Retro Guy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:49:01 pm »

No problem!  Grin

-----

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons . . . for you are crunchy and good with catsup.

-----

Yes, I changed my handle.  I was never really happy with Vidiot.

-----
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: