John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:46:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what a crappy day  (Read 2351 times)
postmortem

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2014, 10:21:02 pm »

I sent the Ultimate MK2 TE rom files to hobbyroms to get put on rom chips for my MK2 arcade. I've been waiting all week for them to come in the mail. Today they arrived. I went to install them and the game wouldn't boot. Then, to my horror, I realized what happened. Even though it tells me(on the little piece of paper that came with the roms) to make sure I don't put them in backwards, and common sense tells me to not put them in backwards, and I've never put them in backwards before... I put one of the 2 chips in backwards. I flipped it, but the game wont boot with the roms.
 I've brought shame to my family. I always thought you have to be an idiot to put a rom chip in the wrong way. You people need to know what kind of moron you're dealing with. Now I gotta go to the local arcade shop that over charges to burn roms. I deserve it. I deserve at least that. Embarrassed

Cabs: Tron, MKII, MK4, KI2, Blitz99, TMNT, Pac-Mania, Mame Box.
PCBs: MK1, UMK3, Killer Instinct, Area51, Sunset Riders
Pins: Bride of PinBot
VertexGuy
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:56:56 pm »

I have some challenger roms , tourney and stock.
zenomorph can make you some for the cost of blank roms and shipping too.
Tighe

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:04:56 pm »

Ouch, yeah that will kill the chips, did that on my Galaxian I was cleaning the chips and putting them in and taking them out, and after the 20th time I put the daughter board in upside down. Fuck! But I did the single ROM mod and eliminated the daughter card all together.

Galaxian Single ROM Mod (Fixed my Galaxian): http://youtu.be/QNTYkG19Q4s
postmortem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:25:55 pm »

Does Zenomorph have an account on these forums? or should I contact him through klov?

Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:28:15 pm »

Does Zenomorph have an account on these forums? or should I contact him through klov?

KLOV
postmortem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 05:59:01 pm »

Zenomorph hooked it up!

(the marquee and monitor didn't come out so great in the pic. They look way more vibrant in real life)

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 06:30:58 pm »

I sent the Ultimate MK2 TE rom files to hobbyroms to get put on rom chips for my MK2 arcade. I've been waiting all week for them to come in the mail. Today they arrived. I went to install them and the game wouldn't boot. Then, to my horror, I realized what happened. Even though it tells me(on the little piece of paper that came with the roms) to make sure I don't put them in backwards, and common sense tells me to not put them in backwards, and I've never put them in backwards before... I put one of the 2 chips in backwards. I flipped it, but the game wont boot with the roms.
 I've brought shame to my family. I always thought you have to be an idiot to put a rom chip in the wrong way. You people need to know what kind of moron you're dealing with. Now I gotta go to the local arcade shop that over charges to burn roms. I deserve it. I deserve at least that. Embarrassed

LOL. you brought shame to your family? hahah! We've all done it before. I certainly have a bunch of times. It's easy to do.
VertexGuy
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 11:54:56 pm »

Zenomorph hooked it up!

(the marquee and monitor didn't come out so great in the pic. They look way more vibrant in real life)

" have some challenger roms , tourney and stock.
zenomorph can make you some for the cost of blank roms and shipping too.

No prob dude you don't have to thank me all at once ...
Zeno knows MK ... no doubt.

I just got my new eprom burner and can now make MK roms .
postmortem

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 11:23:11 pm »

I definitely need to get an eprom burner some time in the future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: