John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:08:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Swap meet  (Read 1181 times)
P-feif

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2014, 10:48:10 pm »

I spent most of my life restoring old cars with my dad. There were limited ways to get parts for them but one of the best ways and one of the most fun was to go to swap meets.

So now that I'm getting into the classic arcade games, my question is are there swap meets for arcade games and parts? If so anything in the Michigan area that you guys have heard of? Also how in the world do you find out about them too. I used to (and still do) find car swap meets in old car magazines. I'm sure they are out there but I'm yet to find a magazine that deals with old arcade games or anything else that might advertise events for old arcade games.

For the record I've been finding some things on ebay or craigslist but it seems like what I'm finding on those sites is sort of limited.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:34:21 pm by P-feif » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:25:51 pm »

I dont think get togethers are all that common. I know there are groups of people that trade parts and hang out (looking at you and your secret club john). Your best bet is to go on VAPS.org and look for people in your area and start befriending them.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
VertexGuy
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:59:31 pm »

I spent most of my life restoring old cars with my dad. There were limited ways to get parts for them but one of the best ways and one of the most fun was to go to swap meets.

So now that I'm getting into the classic arcade games, my question is are there swap meets for arcade games and parts? If so anything in the Michigan area that you guys have heard of? Also how in the world do you find out about them too. I used to (and still do) find car swap meets in old car magazines. I'm sure they are out there but I'm yet to find a magazine that deals with old arcade games or anything else that might advertise events for old arcade games.

For the record I've been finding some things on ebay or craigslist but it seems like what I'm finding on those sites is sort of limited.

My car club holds one of the biggest car swap meets in Connecticut..
What I never see is a swap meet for arcade machines.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: