John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:17:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chasing ghost and FINDING quarters ?  (Read 3089 times)
VertexGuy
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:02:08 am »

Does anybody find quarters in machines they buy that they put a few aside and keep
to mark the day they got that machine?
Ive found some pretty old quarters and tokens , I put them in a cup and reuse them to coin up.
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 10:17:35 am »

-------
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 03:22:37 pm »

We have a coin box that all coins are saved in. Figure we might buy a game with them some day. We also found 50+ tokens that are all different, maybe I'll stick them in a shadow box for display in the arcade.

VertexGuy
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 03:44:03 am »

Ace you dont count, You're not supposed to put quarters in an xbox
offset

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:19:49 am »

Havent really saved mine, usually when I find them in the cabinet I'm thinking, wow, glad that didnt short anything out.
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:16:20 pm »

I check to see if they are old enough to have silver in them
Tighe

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:37:42 am »

Tons, there are many threads on KLOV where people find more money in quarters than they paid for the game.
jammadude

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 06:23:34 am »

Biggest take was close to $30 from one machine. Some in the coin box but most in the bottom of the machine.
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 03:01:11 pm »

Well, I found a slug, 2 quarters and a penny in my Millipede, gave the quarters to my kids, I kept the slug for testing coin mechs and chucked the penny (kids don't even want em).
In Q*bert I found several tokens from Showbiz Pizza Place (was originally a showbiz owned machine) a ton of Peter Piper Pizza tokens and tickets, and one Family Fun Center token.

Everything else was devoid of money or tokens. I do usually save the tokens to use in the machines, I have them on freeplay for now just because I don't have enough tokens for every machine, but that will change soon.
meestermole

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 03:31:17 pm »

My old boss gave me a Frogger cocktail cabinet, and it had $6.08 in it. His kids jammed up the coin slots with pennies. Huh? Roll Eyes
TimeRunner

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 03:17:35 pm »

Tons, there are many threads on KLOV where people find more money in quarters than they paid for the game.

I bought a Clean Sweep claw machine and while wheeling it out I noticed a or two had somehow appeared behind me. When I got it home I pulled out nearly $60 in quarters, most of which were lose in the lower end of the cabinet. Good times, good times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: